Part 4

Sorcha was off Monday and she was already dragging when Tuesday came around. She had woken up with a headache and was currently trying to get rid of it through positive thinking which usually worked. Sorcha had her eyes closed and her elbows resting on her desk as she rubbed at her forehead. She had just put on some ointment from Posh that helped with headaches.

"I have found that coffee always helps with a headache."

Sorcha looked up to find Calleach leaning against her desk with a coffee cup from Old Blues. He had it extended towards her and Sorcha guessed it was his since she didn't see another one in his hand. Sorcha studied the coffee cup before she took it from his hand and took a tentative sip. She made a face at how strong it was.

"Gah, why didn't you tell me that it was the Farm Girl? That stuff is too strong for my taste."

Calleach chuckled as he accepted the cup back from Sorcha. "You haven't tasted strong coffee till you've tried Greek coffee."

"I have tried Greek coffee, authentic Greek coffee," Sorcha pointed out. "I have family in Greece and on a family vacation years ago we went to visit them and I was treated to Greek coffee. My cousins thought it was funny how I reacted when I tried it."

"You have family in Greece?"

"Uh huh and in the British Isles. Every year we would spend our summers visiting family in Europe and around the Mediterranean. We skipped last year because of the whole drama of Ella's on-line boyfriend and me getting shot."

The phone rang and Calleach shifted slightly so that Sorcha could answer the phone. Three phone calls later Sorcha was able to turn her attention back to Calleach. He was watching her with a shuttered look. Sorcha frowned at him. She was not expecting his next few words.

"Are you busy tonight?"

"No. Why?"

"Would you go out to dinner with me?"

Sorcha chewed at her lip before she answered. "I don't usually have dinner with my coworkers' one on one."

Calleach snorted. "I'm not surprised. You're very friendly with everyone, but you have a wall up that doesn't let people in. I don't think people realize that about you."

"If you knew my family, you'd understand why I have that wall up."

"I find you fascinating Sorcha and would like to get to know you better."

"I have a thing against dating co-workers."

Calleach gave her a hot and sexy smile which temporarily left Sorcha speechless. He leaned down so that he could touch her face. "Just so you know, I'm only here temporarily until they find someone better qualified for the job."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Come to dinner with me," Calleach said as he straightened up. "and I will explain."

"Fine," Sorcha said a little sourly. "But you'll need my address."

"I know where you live. You can thank Barron for showing me. I'll pick you up at 5:30."

Calleach walked off before Sorcha could say anything. She would have followed him, but she got busy as a patient walked in and the phone started ringing. On her lunch break Sorcha called Barron to ask about him showing Calleach where she lived.

"He wanted to know Sorcha. He seemed very interested in you that night after you left. I'm sorry if I did something wrong."

Sorcha sighed. "It's okay Barron. I was just a little taken by surprise."