More Than That

Eleven's P.O.V -

He kissed me and everything seemed to blur into one thing. I learned the word blur from Hopper. He said it means when everything around you goes out of focus and all the colors mix together. I've started to think about Hopper as my dad. He's my friend but he's done more than protect me. He saved me and I cannot thank him enough for that. I try and focus on mike but he seems weird.  I call out to him and he looks at me surprised.

"Oh hey yeah sorry i got lost in my own thoughts."

I've heard that phrase more than once but I don't know what it means. I guess i'll ask him about it. Lost in your own thoughts?

"Yeah."

He continues to explain what it is but part of me wasn't listening. As much as i love these heels that Hopper bought me, they're hurting my feet. I noticed that Mike had stopped talking so I asked him what he was talking about. He said that it was nothing and not to worry about it but I knew that something was wrong. Hey mike ?

"Yeah?" He said with a smile.

My stomach started to hurt but in a good way. What is happening to me ? This isn't the first time i've felt this way. He looks at me waiting for a response and I quickly say Can we sit down ?

"Yeah sure. We can sit down at the table i was at earlier."

He leads me back to the table and i see Dustin with Nancy laughing and talking together. I've never been really close to Nancy but she seems like a good person. I look over at Mike and see that he looks a bit confused.

"Nancy? What are you doing here?"

Nancy and Mike start talking about something but i guess i start to get lost in my own thoughts. I turn and see Lucas with that girl Max? I'm not sure about her yet. After I saw her with Mike, I kinda got a weird feeling but i got angry. I think Hopper told me it's called jealousy.

"El?"

Mike turns to me and looks at me puzzled. I noticed that Nancy was gone. Lost in my own thoughts I say.

"Oh. What about?" He says with a bit of worry in his words.

Max. The girl with Lucas.

"Oh ok." He looked a bit relieved. But Dustin seemed a bit sad and he knew that i noticed it. He made a coughing sound and asked me and mike a question.

"So do i just pretend that i didn't see you guys kiss ? " He made a weird smile and started laughing. My face turned red and i started to blush. I don't even know why. I really wish i could control this more.

I turn over to Mike and he's blushing more than me. He looks really nice in that suit of his. I've always thought he was really cute but i never said anything.

"Does anyone want punch? " Mike says quickly.

I nod and Dustin jumps in and says
"Don't worry Mike! I got it !"

He walks over to Mike and whispers something to him but i didn't get to hear what it was. Dustin left and now it was just me and him. Mike ?

"Yeah?" He says nervously.

I knew something was wrong and he was a fool if he thought that he could keep it from me. What's wrong ? You've been weird all night.

"It's nothing el. Don't worry about it." He said hoping that i'll forget about it.

Mike...please. I wanted to tell him that friends don't lie but are we even friends now? Or are we more than that?

He sighs. "Ok fine..."

I look at him patiently waiting for him to tell me what's wrong. But I don't think i was mentally ready...