Run

Mike's P.O.V -
I couldn't lie to her. I can't just pretend that i wasn't constantly worried about her. I can't just pretend that i'm not always worried about the future. Because honestly, i'm not a very good liar.

"Mike."

I look at her and stare deeply into those beautiful brown eyes. I guess I can't do anything else but tell her the truth. I sigh and say El... do you know what a relationship is ?

"A relationship?" She looked a bit puzzled and that just made it harder for me to explain.
Yeah a relationship... it's like... we're more than friends. Like we're a couple..

"Like in the tv."

Yes pretty much. But it's a little bit less dramatic than that.

"What about it ?" She looked kinda nervous and i couldn't remember the last time i've actually seen her nervous.

I started to blush and said i want to be in a relationship with you el... I really like you and I-

"What is different about it from friends?" She said abruptly, stopping me mid sentence.

It's different because you care about the person in a different way. You know, in a romantic way...

"Romantic?"

Yeah it's like when you're in love and stuff... it's like when you-

"Love?" She says quickly again stopping me before i could continue. I then said something i immediately regret.
El just let me finish ok ?! I sighed but then she looked at me like she wanted to burst into tears. At that moment I knew that i messed up. Eleven runs out of the gym crying and I ran after her. God i feel like such a jerk I say to myself.
El! El! Please come back! I'm sorry! I saw her run out of the building into the cold. I quickly ran after her. I lost her once. I'm not losing her again.