I love you

Mike's P.O.V-

"I love you."
I sat there for more than a minute just trying to process what just happened. El just told me she loves me... EL JUST TOLD ME SHE LOVES ME!

"Mike?" She says kinda worried.

El, I love you too. I have loved you ever since we found you in the woods. I'm so sorry I hadn't said it sooner.

"It's alright Mike." She says with a smile.

I didn't know what to say after except this. Wait holy shit, YOU JUST SAID YOU LOVED ME! I don't think it had fully truly hit me yet.

El giggles and takes my hand. She gets me off the bench and before I know it, her soft lips were pressed against mine. I swear every time we kiss, it's like heaven to me. But she starts to cry again.

El what's wrong? I look at her worried. I hate to see you cry.

"Mike... what happens now?" She says with tears on her eyes.

What do you mean El? I mean we're together now right ?

"Yes but what's next for all of us?" She says in a sad tone.

Well, we move on and think about the future.

"The future?" She says puzzled.

Yeah it's like what happens after the present so like right now pretty much. I smile at her and put my hand up to her cheek. El, no one is going to hurt you anymore. I promise you.

"What about Will?"

I think about my best friend and I wish that he could be happy. Well, we have to watch him and make sure that no one hurts him too I say with a bit of worry.

"Ok." El looks a bit relieved so I did one thing right.

I grab El's hand and we walk back to the school.

I love my girl and no one is going to hurt her.

No One.