Waiting

El's P.O.V -
I wait patiently for everyone to arrive. But I still have no idea how I'm supposed to tell everyone that I have a sister and that maybe, just maybe Brenner is still alive.

I hear a car approach and I run to the window. Hopper told me to be careful so I secretly looked out the window and saw Will come out of the car first. I've never actually talked to will while he's alive and well. I mean most of the time he's unconscious.

Joyce and Jonathan come out of the car as well and they knock on the door. I open the door and I hug Will and Joyce. I smile at Jonathan and I let them in.

"Hey sweetheart, is hopper coming yet?" Joyce asks.

No, not yet but he said he'd be here at 9-3-0. I respond to Joyce.

"9-3-0?" Asks Jonathan.

"She means 9:30. She's still kinda learning." Will says.

I smile awkwardly and sit down on the couch. I sit and wait with Will and the rest of them. We wait until we hear a truck arrive. Joyce runs to the window and her face lights up when she sees that it's Hopper. I don't know what's going on between them. Maybe she feels the same way I feel when I see Mike, but when she sees Hopper. Maybe she'll know what the feeling is.

"Is that Steve?" Jonathan says looking annoyed. Will laughs and says "Yup, that's Steve all right.

They all get out of the car but Mike and Hopper. I look around trying to find them. I say to Lucas, Where's Mike?

He turns around and points to Hopper's truck.

"He's in there with Hopper. They're probably talking about you." He says with a weird smile.

I look at him and say What is that smile that you're doing?

He looks at me confused then realizes what I'm talking about. "Oh, you mean a smirk! Well, it's a smile you do when it's dealing with someone you like or even love." He says slowly, trying to get me to understand.

I nod but then say, What exactly is love?

He looks at me and makes a weird face like if he just forgot everything and blacked out. "Well, it's-

"We're here. Sorry, we took so long. I and the kid had to talk about... something." Hopper comes in saying.

I run to Hopper and give him a hug. I look at Mike and give me a smile. He blushes back and starts a conversation.

"So this is where you hid her?" He says looking around. Hopper responds and says "Yeah, nice place right?"

Everyone looks awkwardly at each other as if they didn't know what to say but I know they did. Finally, Joyce speaks up and says

"Sweetheart, you told us that you had something important to tell us." She says quietly and with a bit of worry in her words.

I sigh and say, You guys might want to sit down for this.

Everyone looks around and grabs a chair or sits on the couch. I take a seat on the couch and Mike sits right next to me.

I sigh and say
I have a sister... with powers.