Thank You

Nancy's P.O.V -

We head to sheriff's office to meet up with Hopper. He said it was a better idea because I completely forgot where it was. Also because he didn't want to cause suspicion. Going to the cabin in broad daylight wouldn't be a good idea.

Me and Mike walk to dustin's house where Steve is going to give us a ride. I don't mind I guess. Me and Steve are history. Steve helped the kids a lot. I guess i'll give him props for that.

Mike, you ok? I ask a bit concerned. He seemed nervous and really scared.

"Oh yeah i'm fine." He says abruptly.

I helped Mike pick out an outfit and he looks presentable. I know Mike and I know that he really likes El. But Hopper has sort of become... her dad figure. I guess Mike is a bit scared and well, I wouldn't blame him.

Mike, you look great and don't worry, I'm sure Hopper isn't going to keep you guys apart. I say with a smile.

"Thanks Nancy." He says with a smile and he looks a bit relieved.

No problem little brother. I say in a caring way.

"No I mean thank you... for everything. I thought that you wouldn't understand anything that was happening. But you've been here for all of us. And no lie, you're a freaking badass now!" He says laughing. I heard the sentiment in his voice.

I grab his hands and we stop. I look at him in the eyes and I say Mike, with everything that's happened, I want to be there to protect you. I know you're strong and I know that you can do this on your own. But I can't lose you too...

"...barb..?" He asks staring at the ground.

Yeah. I say looking up at the sky.

"You're not gonna lose me Nancy. I'll protect you too. So we can watch each other's backs." He says with a smile while grabbing my hand.

I smile at him and say, So El huh ?

"Stop! You're such a girl." He says blushing furiously.

You're gonna have to deal with me Mike Wheeler! I scream as he runs off.

I laugh and just stare at the ground. Then all of a sudden, someone comes up to hug me.

It was Mike.
" Please don't die."

I was a bit shocked by his words. So all I responded with was I'll try not to little brother. I held him tight. No one was going to hurt Mike. No one.