Is There More?

Mike's P.O.V-
Joyce was the first to speak. I would've said something but I don't think I have many words left after everything that's happened.

"There's more girls like you?" Joyce says shocked and confused.

El nods and says "Yes, but I left her."

Left her? I say confused.

El looks at me with sad eyes and says "She was evil and was using her powers for bad."

I turn to everyone and see their faces of shock and confusion. Then, Hopper asks the question everyone's been dying to ask.

"Does she know about the Upside Down?"

Everyone shuffles uncomfortably by hearing those words. Everyone here has had a horrible experience with the Upside Down and we don't want anything to do with it anymore but it's inevitable.

El nods but with a hesitant look. She stutters but says "I doubt she remembers."

Jonathan whispers something to Nancy and Nancy looks at El, puzzled by her words.

"Remembers? What do you mean?" Nancy says.

El sighs then says I remember her. Papa used her.

Lucas looks at Eleven and asks "How'd he use her?"

El hesitates but then says He thought that she could use her powers against the monsters.

I look at el and wonder if her sister has the same powers as her. I mean surely right ? Well, you never know so I finally look up and see everyone staring at me. Crap, what were they talking about?

"Mike, dude. Did you hear what we said?" Dustin asks

I scratch the back of my head and hesitantly say no.

Lucas then repeats what he said. "You look like you got something on your mind."

I sigh and nod. Yeah I do. I turn to El and ask her the question I've been meaning to. Does she have the same power as you ?

El looks at all of us and quietly says "no she doesn't."

I look at her shocked. I stutter for most of this sentence but I ask So what's her power then?

Hopper then adds to my question by saying "And what did Brenner want with her?"

El looks at me frustrated. I didn't know what else to do. I grabbed her hands and kissed them. They were shaking and I didn't know why. Was she scared ? And of what ? I look at her and whisper to her It's ok El. I'm right here. What's going on ?

Everyone looks at us mysteriously and confused.

El then whispers to me "When I was with her, she told me something."

I look at her with caring eyes and say What did she tell you ?

"That Brenner might still be alive."