Gunshots

Lucas P.O.V -
Everyone looked at El with unrecognizable faces. It was a mixture of shock, confusion, relief ? and worry. Everyone also knew what this meant. But again, no one dared to say anything.
Silence filled the air. Everyone was too shocked to even breathe. Then something filled up the silence for us... gunshots and loud ones too. They echoed across the forest as the wind carried them.

"What was that ?" Asked Joyce. She was trembling as she said that. Poor woman she's been through so much.

"I don't know. But i'm going to find out." Says Hopper with a look of fear in his eyes.

The last sentence that El said still lingers in the room. Like toxic gases, it kills us off, one by one. Well at least our mental state.

Hopper grabs his gun and starts to head outside when he stops and looks at Steve.

"You. Come with me."

Steve looks at Hopper confused but still follows him. Everyone still on the edge of their seats take deep breaths and tries to process what the hell just happened in this freaking cabin. This is a lot of information to wrap your mind around you know ?

Before Hopper and Steve leave, Hopper takes one look at El and Mike. El is cuddled up beside Mike while Mike literally doesn't know what's going on. God he's such a loser. I love him though, sadly.

Hopper looks at El, protectively, then looks at Mike. Mike nods knowing what he has to do. Hopper then looks at us and says

"Please be careful. Stay here and don't move." He looks at Joyce and Joyce looks and nods at him, already knowing what she has to do.

He slams the door behind him and Steve follows behind. We hear the car engine turn and drive away from the cabin.

Joyce smiles at us hoping for it to calm us down a bit but it doesn't work. No matter what we say, no matter what we do, and no matter what we think about...

El's final sentence lingers throughout the room.

"She has the ability to tame evil.. and  I mean ALL evil."

Who is this girl ? And what does she add to... everything?