You Care About Them Don't You?

Hopper P.O.V -

The gunshots echoed throughout the forest. Steve had his bat of nails with him and I had my gun. But the gunshots didn't hide the fact that El told us everything right now. The tension was still in the air and I very much doubt that it isn't gone over there either. Steve interrupts my thoughts by asking me a question.

"Why'd you want me to come with you?" Asked Steve curiously. I turn to look at Steve and sigh.

"You care about them don't you ? I've seen the way you try to protect them and keep them safe." I say to Steve. He takes a while to comprehend what I had said but I see his face curl up and smile. 

"Yeah I do care about them. Not sure why though. Guess it's an instinct. I just like to protect and keep safe who I care about. Always been that way." Steve says smiling and blushing.

I look at him peculiarly and a smile stretches across my face. He looks at me, trying to figure out what I was thinking. 

"What is it? I mean I know it isn't very manly but... can you just keep this between us? I don't want the kids to find out.. please." He says with his eyes begging.

"Yeah sure kid. I got you." We lead closer into the woods and the gunshots are still echoing. There isn't a shooting range near here so why is there is so much shooting? Then, all of a sudden, a scream is heard and me and Steve start to run towards the noise. But it's useless because there is so much woods. After 5 minutes or more, we finally find the source.

" Billy Hargrove." Steve says eyeing the so called Billy as he beats up a poor defenseless teen.       " The guns where just there to scare him. Why would Billy do that?" 

"You know him?" I say quietly so that Billy doesn't find out we're stalking him.

"Yeah, sadly. I had the great opportunity to get beat up by him 2 days ago. He's bad news." Steve says annoyed and then worried.

I look at him and then Billy. I nod to him and he nods to me. I get my gun ready and straighten my hat out. "Ok, Harrington, you ready?"

He looks at me distressed but nods anyway. We leave the bush we were hiding behind and walk up to Billy.

"Billy Hargrove, was it? Well, what a great situation you've landed in am I right?" I say confidently. He sees me but doesn't feel fear, well at least not him. His "friends" run off and drop the teen who is badly bruised. 

" Chief Hopper right? Nice to finally meet you." He turns to Steve who is looking at Billy with a lot of hatred. " Hello Harrington, ready for another beat down?" He says smirking. I turn to him and say, " If you don't leave right now, the only person who's going to get a beat down, is you Hargrove."

He laughs and then smirks.

"I'd like to see you try."