We're Going After Them

El's P.O.V -

The gunshots continued to echo throughout the forest. The whole room was uneasy and terrified. On top of my... reveal... about another girl with incredible powers, the gunshots didn't help at all. Fear came over me. Why did I care so much? Hopper meant a lot to me but this fear is overwhelming. Mike saw how much pain I was in and asked me what was wrong.

"El, are you ok? You know Hopper. He'll come back trust me." Mike said, hugging me. That reduced my fear but it didn't make it go away.

A concerned Dustin says, "what about Steve? Hopeful he's ok, right?" Everyone looks at Dustin and realizes he's right. Both Hopper and Steve went out to figure out what was wrong. They are probably risking their lives to help us. It looked like everyone in the room had realized that too, because Lucas was getting his stuff and Dustin joined him. Jonathan stood up and asked

" Hey, wait where are you guys going?"

We continued to get our stuff and get ready to go. I nod to Mike and he nods at me. No one answers Jonathan till Joyce asks the real question,

"Are you kids going after them? No,no,no, you guys aren't going out there." She looks at Will with worrisome eyes. I see that and look at Mike.  He sees Will and a face of pain comes over his.

"Will, you stay here. We aren't going to lose you again." Mike says grabbing his jacket. Joyce looks at Mike and nods to him. But Will disagrees.

"No! I want to go with you guys! I can handle myself!" Will says, getting closer to Mike. Mike nods at him sadly and hugs him.

"You're my best friend Will. I can't manage to lose you again. You mean the world to me Will." Mike says sadly.

Will looks at him with tears in his eyes but nods and sits down, looking down at the floor in defeat. Nancy then stands up and yells at Mike.

"You can't go out there Mike. You don't know what could hurt you! No i forbid it Micheal!" Nancy says pointing at him with anger and sadness in her big brown eyes.

Mike looks down to the floor and then goes to hug Nancy. A surprised Nancy then hugs Mike back and says
" I know you aren't going to listen to me, so be careful Mike. Please."

Mike nods and looks at Joyce, Nancy and Jonathan. Then he looks at me, Lucas and Dustin.
" You guys ready?" Mike says. We all nod but then I say,

" We're never truly going to be ready, are we?"

Mike looks at me and turns away.