Cheating Death

El's P.O.V-

After I say those to Mike, he turns cold. He lets go of my hands and looks at me with no expression.

"Mike? I say quietly to him, hoping that no one else hears me but I was wrong. Hopper notices Mike's stiffness and calls him.

"Mike, you ok buddy ? You look like you've seen a ghost."Hopper says a bit concerned.

Mike sighs and looks at me and I know what he's saying without saying a word. I nod to him and say "Ok, tell them."

He looks at Hopper and the rest of them for a minute or two. Everyone looks at each other and hopes that Mike isn't going to say what they were thinking. I look at Mike and he looks at me. The room is silent,so silent, you could hear a mouse. Finally, Lucas speaks up.

"What is it you guys ?" He says calmly but with a bit of worry in his voice.

Mike looks ready to say but I stop him but grabbing his hand. I nod to him and he looks at me with worry in his beautiful eyes. He sighs and quietly says "Ok.

I look around the room and see everyone's face of worry and curiousity.I take a deep breath and start to say what I dreamt of not saying.

" When I was with my sister, she told me...something."

"Something about what kid ?" Asks Hopper looking at me with an unreadable face.

"Something about Papa..."

Everyone looks at each other uncomfortably until Steve (who I just recently met) spoke up."Papa ? Who's that ?" I sigh and look at Hopper, urging him to explain.

"He clears his throat and says"For those of you who don't know about Papa, He was the scientist in charge of Hawkins Lab and El. She was a lab rat to him and he only cared about her for her powers." Hopper looks at me with love? in his eyes. Then he calmly asked me to continue.

"She said he might be alive."

Dustin then yells and says "That's not true ! That son of a bitch died ! We saw him die right before our eyes !"

Hopper then adds" Are you sure she said that to you ?" I nod back to him and look at him with worry. "Brenner was always known to escape death." I say quietly.

After I say those words, the whole room tenses up. "What did you just say ?" Nancy asks curiously.

"Brenner has cheated death before." I say quickly hoping that no one heard me but again, I was wrong.

"How ?" Asks Hopper."What did he do ?"

"He went into the demogorgan's den and came back...alive."