Unconscious

hey guys ! sorry i haven't updated ! 😅 I have a good reason though ! I haven't had my phone cuz it broke and i've been super busy with school and tests, but don't worry ! The story is back ! Well enjoy this chapter 💛

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve's P.O.V -

First, it was Nancy. I saw her beautiful face take over the darkness. Her smile, her laugh, and her auburn hair. But then, she faded. Just like in real life... Then, the kids came. Dustin, Mike, Lucas and Max. They were all smiling, carefree too. I want to protect them. Let me protect them.

"STEVE!!!" A voice screamed out to me. I couldn't make out who it was, but it kinda sounded like...

"D-Dustin?"I say, barely even getting the word out.

"GUYS ! HE'S OVER HERE !! HE LOOKS CONSCIOUS TO ME !" Dustin says screaming out to the silent woods and pointing at me. He puts his finger at my neck, checking for a pulse.
With my eyes barely open, I look at the sun and take one more good look before I submit myself to the darkness once more.

"Is he ok ?!?" Lucas says. And that was the last thing I heard before my eyes closed.

Dustin's P.O.V -

We started walking in the sunny forest in search for Hopper and Steve. I hope they're ok. I doubt we can lose one other person and still be sane. After what El told us, I can't imagine that any of us are sane either way. We've all lost and we've all seen things but El, well, she's seen and lost way more than us.

" I don't hear the gunshots anymore. What do you think it was ?" Lucas says, while tightening his grip on the wooden stick he got from the cabin. Mike takes a shakily deep breath. El stays close to Mike. El can be a badass but sometimes she's still just a kid like the rest of us. I shake off my thoughts and keep walking forward. Then, I see a body on the muddy ground. Beat up, bruised, and bloody. I start to run to the body while trying to identify who it is. Then, I see his hair. How could you not recognize him by his hair?

"STEVE!!!" I scream out to him. I reach Steve and his head lifts up. His eyes were barely open and they were starting to close again yet, he quietly struggles to speak but he manages to say a word.

"D-Dustin?" He says, hardly even awake. I call out to the others to come to help Steve. I turn my head away to the brightly lit forest in order to get help. I turn to Steve again but his eyes are closed and he's gone unconscious.

"Is he ok?!?" Lucas screams out and then goes to touch his neck for a pulse. " He's alive but he's unconscious." I answer to Lucas.

"Who did this to him?" Mike asks looking around, hoping to find the answer in the vast variety of trees. " I don't know. But if Steve looks this beat up, how does Hopper look?" El quietly asks.

"That's right... where is Hopper?"