Chapter 23

Tris POV

Today's the day. I slept over at Chris' last night and Will slept over at mine. The wedding starts in a hour and Chris has already done my make-up: red lipstick; black, smoky eyeshadow; natural blush; long, black mascara and cat-eye eyeliner. She starts to do my hair. I don't even know what she's doing, I just know it involves lots of pins. By the end my hairs in an elegant up-do that I wouldn't even know how to start to do. I pull on the dress and feel tears form in my eyes.
"Don't cry, sweetie, you'll ruin your make-up." Chris tells me.
I smile and stop crying. Shauna, Marlene and Lynn then come through the door so we all start to walk together.

Zeke POV

I get changed into my tux and quickly sort out my hair. Will is already ready and is just sitting on the sofa. Then the door opens and Abbie, Uriah and Al walk in.
"How comes Abbie's here?" I ask.
"I didn't want to be with squealing girls." She shrugs.
"Fair enough." I say.
Uriah stands behind her and wraps his arms round her waist. She relaxes against him and he kisses her all over her head, face and neck.
"We should get going." Al pipes in.
I nod and we all make our way to the dauntless ceremony room.

When we get there, I stand at the end of the aisle and Al, Abbie, Uriah and Will wait outside for the girls. Slowly, guests trickle into the room. Four glares at me and sits in the far corner. Lauren winks at me and sits near the middle. Her and Four must've broke up. Peter stalks in and sits about two rows behind Lauren. The dauntless leaders sit at the back, the other side of the aisle to Four. My mum comes and sits in the front row. I smile at her and she smiles back, tears in her eyes. The room fills up quickly, mostly with people we don't know.

The music starts and I start to feel nervous. I don't even know why. Wedding nerves? Is that a thing? Al and Shauna walk down the aisle and sit next to my mum. Then it's Marlene and Lynn's turn and once they reach the end of the aisle, they join Al and Shauna. Uri and Abbie follow them but this time stand to my side. Christina and Will now come down the aisle. My heart starts beating out of my chest, knowing Tris will come next. They stand the other side of me, leaving a gap for Tris.

I look down the aisle and see the doors open. Tris looks at me and smiles. I can see the tears already forming in her eyes. I smile at her a choke back a sob. I can't cry. Not in front of all of dauntless. I blink back the tears as Tris reaches the end of the aisle. I take her hand and see that she's crying... a lot.
"You look perfect, Tris." I whisper into her ear.
"You look perfect, too." She cries.
A dauntless leader, I don't even know the name of stands in front of us.
"As I'd hope you're all aware, this is Dauntless. So we don't do mushy, cute ceremonies. Zeke Pedrad, do you take Tris Prior to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do."
"Tris Prior, do you take Zeke Pedrad to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do."
"You may kiss your bride."
I smile and kiss the still-crying Tris.

A/N: one vote=next chapter!