Chapter 19 - Anxious

Hellllooo again my lovelies! Here's another chapter! This one is more of a filler to get plot line rolling. The next chapter is when more things start to happen! I hope you enjoy! And please don't hesitate to give feed back! I want to know what you're thinking!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla's POV

When I woke up this morning I was surprised at how sore I was. My shoulder, my chest and, my face were all so sore. Then I remembered all of the previous events that lead to it. I think I'm more surprised I'm not as sore as I thought I would be. Then again, I've never been stabbed nor ever opened up so much. Oh well, now, I'm at the Valkyrie camp, packing my medical supplies. Eric sat across from me, bruised and broken, watching my every move with curiosity. At least he's not talking to me. As I was closing the cases and containers the silence was broken by him.

"You're very peculiar." He commented. I simply shrugged, not giving him eye contact and continued packing. I'm not going to let him have the pleasure of distracting me. I'm going home soon. He may be coming with us but he won't be in my section of the Council building. However, my reaction didn't satisfy him. "Would you like to know why I believe you're peculiar?" I sighed. I'll entertain him for a little, even if he's a diabolical human. Talking to him might even bring me to move faster.

"Humor me." I said, still not looking at him.

"You jumped in front of my pe- well, your pet technically. You know she is capable of healing on her own. It baffles me you would even bother." I subconsciously touch the bandage from the stab wound but I smile.

"Nyx doesn't deserve to feel any more pain. She has suffered for most of her life. I know that I could never stop her from feeling pain but I am more than happy to take a few blows to lighten it." I told him before finally finishing packing. I looked up at him for the first time and he was frowning.

"But she is beneath you. A simple pet. She owes everything to you and depends on you, just like a stray dog." I can feel my anger rising but keep it down.

"She's not a pet and she's not beneath me. We're equaled and if anything she's above me. Her strength and drive are far superior to mine ever will be." Before Eric could talk more, Geneva walked in and nodded towards me.

"I wanted to thank you personally." She started and looked at the bags of medical supplies. "Let me help you carry those and we can talk." I nodded and we gathered my items as we headed back to the witches' camp.

"What would you like to talk about?" I asked as we left the camp and away from earshot of anyone. Geneva's face didn't give any indication of what she was thinking besides that she was serious.

"I want to thank you, Layla. You saved a lot of my sisters and my daughters from death. It's a debt I could never repay as much as I try." I only nodded along with her, sensing I shouldn't interrupt. "So, may I offer you some advice?"

"It's an honor to receive advice from someone like you." This earned a small smile from the Valkyrie.

"Flatterer."

"I try." Geneva then readjusted her grip on the bags and her serious face returned again.

"It's obvious the relationship you have with Nyx is, not professional." I felt a pit of my stomach form. "Don't make that face, it doesn't suit you. I'm not saying to deny the feelings both of you have. I would never tell anyone that. I only advise that both of you figure out a way to separate work affairs and personal affairs." I tilted my head towards her. "I speak from experience when I say this. Both of you have people that depend on you. Don't let your feelings blind you from your responsibilities." I nodded. She is correct and I never even thought of it that way.