Chapter 11 - Attack

Yeah, so I didn't keep up my fast updating pace and I'm so sorry. Now I finished my first year of college so I can actually sit down and write! So here is another chapter!

Also, just as a warning, there is a multiple mentions of blood.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla's POV

This forest is so beautiful. I've never seen more green in my life. The air is so fresh and clean compared to the stale air from back home. I smiled as I sat on the steps to the cottage we stayed at. It was one of the few that stood next to each other. We were staying in a witch's village until we could move to the battlefield. Nyx was getting ready to leave while avoiding Eira. It really did bother me to see how Nyx reacted. I don't think I could even imagine what she's been through. It never actually occurred to me at all.

"Why the long face?" I snapped out of my thoughts as I turned to see Brenna plop down next to me. If I didn't previously know her, I wouldn't be able to tell that she is a valkyrie. She looked like a normal human being. In fact she was wearing boots, jeans, and leather jacket. I shrugged.

"Have a lot on my mind." I answered. We stayed quiet for awhile. "Do you ever get that feeling?" I asked. Maybe some advice could help.

"Nope." Nevermind on the advice. "I'm too busy doing my job to really think about much." I nodded and Brenna shifted so she could sit cross legged. Brenna was one of the newer valkyries. She has a lot of strength and even more spunk. "So what's your friend's deal?"

"What do you mean?" Brenna raised an eyebrow.

"Look I know you might be lonely at the Council and all but you had to have at least some form of girl talk." Girl talk? Haven't done that in so long. Last time was before I was turned.

"Not really. Could you specify what you mean by her deal?" Brenna rolled her eyes rested her head on her hand.

"Come on Lay, does Nyx have a preference in partners. You know, gay, straight, bi, pan, any other ones? Does she have a boyfriend? Girlfriend? Something in between? Come on spill." I could feel a burning sensation start to flare in my abdomen at her questions.

"I'm not sure. Why do you ask?" I don't know why but I can feel the burning sensation building.

"Uh have you seen her? Nyx is hot." I felt the fire in my stomach flourish. "Granted based on what happened between her and Eira she's messed up in the head but the pretty ones always are." I bit my tongue. Anything that comes out is going to be filled with malice.

"You don't give her enough credit. She's strong." I finally got out after a few moments. Brenna only shrugged.

"I guess for a human."

"What's wrong with being a human?" I turned to see Nyx's arms crossed. She had an unamused look. Brenna shifted.

"I didn't mean it like that! I was just saying that you're strong for your breed." Nyx raised an eyebrow.

"I knocked you on your ass without any issues." Nyx shot back. Brenna stood up and walked so they were face to face. Well sorta, Nyx was a lot shorter then the orange haired girl.

"Is that a challenge?" Brenna asked. Nyx eyed her carefully before smirking. Nyx then shifted her gaze from Brenna to someone behind me.

"They look like peacocks with their chests puffed out like that." I turned to see Ivah and another older woman walking over. The Priestess smirked at her own comment.