Partie un

I glanced around the arena as some of my buddies were skating around the rink. We were in the middle of our hockey practice when some woman had bombarded our practice. Practice was a necessity, it was something that everyone needed. And if you lived here, everyone played hockey, or at least knew about it.

My two best friends skated up to me, stopping abruptly, as I shivered from the sound of ice being shaved. Pulling their helmets up on to their heads, they looked around. "So," Danika started, and nodded towards the boards. "who do you think she is?"

Toria and I shrugged our shoulders as we looked. The woman was petite, and seemed to talk a lot. She had long blonde hair, and wore some sort of business suit, like an owner of a very expensive hotel. I wasn't appealed to her, she didn't seem to know hockey, and nor did she look like a mother who'd have a teenage kid. She was all right, but just didn't seem to fit in, ya know?

"I don't know," Toria said casually. Danika and I rolled our eyes as we heard a bang. Looking to my right, I see that three of our teammates had collided into one another after what looks like they had attempted to do a play. "we should see."

I pondered on what to say next, I couldn't think of anything good or nice to say. The woman was highly out of her mind, coming here and looking like that. I'd say that, but who knows what walls are listening. "I don't got a clue." I replied, pushing off with my right foot and joined the others, but not long after, our Coach called some names.

"Hoffman! LeSage! Morin!" I immediately stopped what I was doing and headed over to the boards where Coach and the petite woman were.

Coach, with his arms crossed, an undetermined look on his face, and the woman, who stood with confidence, spoke up. Coach just looked at us, I couldn't make out his expression, was he happy? Sad? Mad? Confused like me? "I'm Miss Beaumont, I was sent here from the Junior Goodwill Games to recruit some players."

The three of us stood there, attentively, and patiently for the woman to finish. I was interested now, I've heard about the Games. Different teams from around the world, all in their teen years, get to compete against one another. There's not just hockey, but that's what I'd be there for. I've talked to my friends about it before, and it did interest them too.

"And you three have been selected to join Team Canada this year. Now, it's a mixed team, but we've chosen the players quite responsibly-"

"What do you mean?" Toria interrupted.

"Well," The woman started, putting all her weight on her right side as she changed positions. "we made sure that all our players were exceptional this year. And I think you'll like it, it'll be amusing to have you three join us, and finish off the roster, of course,"

I was wrong about this woman. I really liked her now, only because of her offer, which was undeniable. The three of us nodded vigorously, and she smiled, writing something down. "Uh, when do we leave?" I asked.

She looked up with a light gasp. "Right, you leave in a week's time,"

Danika just smiled as the woman handed us some papers and then left, thanking us and Coach for our time. I was ecstatic, I couldn't believe it. I knew I was good, and so were my friends, but we're this exceptional? We get to go to the games! I didn't even ask my parents, but who cares, they'd probably let me go, and so would theirs.

"I have a feeling we're gonna rock this tourney," Danika grinned widely, I nodded in response.

"Yeah..." Toria added, trailing off with an even wider grin on her face.

Victoria Hoffman. She's know as either Hoffman, Toria, or even the Disturber. She's one of my good buddies, she's fifteen years old. My entire group is, though I'm the youngest of the group, and Danika's the oldest, leaving Toria to be the middle. She's got the reddest hair I've ever seen. Her and I have about the same length hair and it's about mid-back. Piercing brown eyes, patches of freckles around her nose, she's 5'3 about, and the shortest of the group. She's a good build, none of us are those lanky tall players, I dislike them. We've got meat on our muscles and have muscles, too. She's very chatty, hence the reason why she can talk to just about anyone and not be shy. She can hang out, and do games and just express herself like there's no tomorrow. She's an easy going and determined kid, when she tries. She's full of laughter, always happy. She's my best friend, as is Danika, but she really is cool. I don't know what I'd do without her. The thing I like about her most is that she's manipulative, which is why she's called the Disturber. She gets distracted easily and can distract others on the ice too. She just talks and talks, and it helps. She's number 23 on our hockey team, and now, hopefully, on the Canadian team too.

Danika LeSage. Very wise, nah, just kiddin'. She's intelligeant, and I like that, very smart. Her nicknames are quite creative, yet funny, and they are the Bruiser and Lights Out. Wanna take a guess why? Well, she's our power for our team. We've all got the power, but she will literally stand up in what she believes in. If you want a fight, call her up. She's a looker, but boy is she something! She's super nice, and caring, in other words, a softie. She will be helpful and worrisome when needed, and then she can be that girl to just put you in your place. It's like there's two sides to her, but really, she's one person with great personalities. She's got this personality that's out of this world. She's an artist in different ways. To sum her up, she's our goon, and we're all tomboys (we don't do dresses or skirts) with charm. She's got light brown hair that goes just past her shoulders, hazel eyes and glasses. She's one of our tallest at 5'6, and is number 99 on our team.

"All right!" Coach clapped his hands together, wanting everyone to listen up. "Let's get back to drills!"

Everyone nods or groans, "Especially you three." He points to the three of us. "I want you girls prepared for this. You're going to be working hard at representing our country,"

We nodded, "We'll make you proud, Sir!" Toria saluted, making the two of us laugh and push her away as we lined up with the others to start the drills.

My name is Shelby Morin. I'm the youngest in our group. But I know that without the three of us, we're no one. My nicknames are Jet, which is common in hockey along with my last name, and then there is She-Shell, which I honestly don't really like but have been given. For a period of time it was Johnny Ace, but now it's just Shelby. I prefer that name, it suits me well. Anyways, I've got brown hair, brown eyes, more freckles than Toria that cover my nose. It's hard for me to tell people about myself, it honestly is. I hate putting myself on the spot and making it all about me. But when it comes to new people I am very shy, and usually like sticking close to friends and will talk from time to time to newcomers if I must. I'm a focused and determined kid, I excel in different things. I'm honest, and I can lie and sometimes I'm a real bad liar. Overall, I'm nice when I want to be, but in sports I'm pretty rough, and I've got told many times. But hey, better to have someone a little too rough than someone who can't do anything, right?

Skating back and forth constantly for drills was a little boring. I wasn't as tired as the others, because this was common for me to do. I am Jet for a reason, I got speed. We all were skating back and forth down the ice, up and down, huffing and puffing, skating at our own strengths. Toria was dying for some water, and a snack. She craved snacks a lot, especially burgers.

Someone tapped my shoulder with their stick, and I turn to see Danika. "Let's hope we don't do as many drills with our new team." She chuckled.

I smiled and laughed. "Yeah."

The wonders. What will happen over the course of time, when we're competing against other teams? It can't be that different than this, right?