Partie seize

Shelby's POV

Sitting in class was very boring. Not that school wasn't fun or anything, it just wasn't as exciting as you'd think it'd be. Toria was half asleep at the back of the class. She sat behind the taller boys just so Miss Brantford didn't see her asleep. Danika was doodling all over her notebook. She was listening and also seemed annoyed by the guys who wouldn't leave her alone. They kept kicking her chair. Meanwhile, I tried keeping my eyes open during this class. My hand on the side of my face as I drew on the table. 

I didn't really pay attention because the class was boring, like I mentioned. Most of us weren't even listening. Cameron and Thomas were drawing on each other's arm, giving one another 'badass' tattoos. There real stupid sometimes. Bryce also happened to be asleep, which didn't surprise most of us. Riley, Finn, Oliver, and Alex were answering different questions like there was no tomorrow. Daniel had his feet up on Luke's desk while Luke was styling his hair. Jay, Kyler, and Liam were taking down notes.

We had a little while before class finished. About twenty minutes or so. I believe we were learning English. I said that it wasn't too fun and that's because we're learning about poetry which I really hate. I hate poetry in general. Lots of people like it, but on this hockey team, nobody likes it. Hence the reason we're all doing our own thing. I was kind of listening, but not too much.

A knock came at the door and immediately, everyone's head turned to the door. Miss Brantford trottes over to the door and opens it, with a toothy grin. Coach Mercier stands at the door. They spoke quietly and then she left the class, leaving us here alone. Cameron immediately stood up. "Check this out, guys!" He called, walking around the desks as he was showing off his tattoo of what looked like a skull.

"Thomas, what the hell is that supposed to be?!" Luke asked, grabbing Cameron's arm as he looks at it.

"It looks like shit," Daniel commented, making everyone laugh.

Toria was actually asleep now. I stood up and joined Danika by her desk. I was in the front row by the door while she was by the window, same row. Sitting on the desk in front of hers, she was shaking her head with a smile on her face. "Did you see Thomas?" it was pretty awful too.

I shook my head. Looking over the shoulders of the boys, I managed to slightly see Thomas' arm. It looked fire and a bird. They did it all in black sharpie, but hell, it looked like crap. You obviously could tell those guys had no artistic skills. I'm no better, I draw stickmen or even trace. I can't draw, or paint, or color. I'd rather stick to writing or talking. "It's supposed to be fire and a bird?" I asked.

Danka nodded. "Yeah, a hawk flying through fire,"

I cocked a brow in astonishment. "Really?"

Turning, Oliver was at the board writing something while Finn and Riley drew what ever Alex told them draw. I swear, we're a team full of idiots. I can't say Danika, Toria, and I aren't idiots, I'd be lying. But we're not perfect and we can just be as dumb or fun as the guys can. Trust me, we can be off our rockers the odd time. But most of the time, we still act more mature than our teammates.

"Hey, I'm writing here," Oliver snapped.

"Okay," Riley said, putting his hands up in defence. I rolled my eyes, looking at how stupid they were.

Jay was still taking down notes. Whereas Liam and Kyler were laughing as Alex was pretending to teach the class. I grabbed a piece of paper from Cameron's desk, and crumpled it up, throwing it at Alex. "Take a seat!" I hollered.

Danika slapped my arm playfully. I look over at her, shrugging my shoulders. "What?" I asked.

"Be nice," She replied.

Within seconds, Miss Brantford entered the class. "Oh my goodness. Don't touch that!" She called to the boys who were at the chalk board. "Sit down and stop drawing on yourselves," 

Everyone took their seats, except Toria and Bryce because they were asleep already. She erased what the boys had drew on the board and stopped when she looked at Oliver's writing. After reading it, she turned around with her hands on her hips, looking at all of us. None of us spoke a word, and bowed our heads not wanting to speak up if she were to ask what happened.

Walking down the furthest row of desks, she pondered onw hat to say. The boys straightened up, except for Daniel, of course, as she passed by. She took Danika's paper, which consisted of drawings and all the notes. Walking down the next row, she stopped at Daniel and Luke. "Feet off the desk, Daniel," She said nonchalantly.

Daniel took his feet off Luke's desk and sat properly, tapping his pencil on the desk. Reaching the last row, she sets a book on Toria's desk, waking her up, and then proceeds to walk to the front of the class. "Who wrote on my board?" She asked.

No one answered. I honestly thought that she was upset as us for what we did. Everyone looked at one another, and said nothing. Until, Oliver slowly brought his hand up. The way his facial expression was, you could tell that he really didn't want to confess and that he was nervous. "Well, you sure do know your stuff,"

He sighed with joy in his eyes, knowing he wasn't in trouble. The boys around him had leaned over and patted his shoulders. A smile cracked on his face. "Thank you, Miss Brantford,"

She nods, continuing on with her class and the great poets that are centuries old and beyond dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran down the hall going to Team Canada's locker room. We had a game against Russia. If we win, then we go to finals. USA already has the guaranteed spot for finals. We just need to make sure that we win the next game. Once we win, we're going to show the world what really got. This time, we're crushing them for sure. Though, I wouldn't want to be too rude about it. Sure, they celebrated quite a bit and taunted us because we said we'd win, when we didn't. It could be our turn to do that. It would mean a lot for us if we won, it'd be an accomplishment for us teenagers.  We can also prove to Team USA that we're not just a bunch of pretty know-it-all cocky boys and girls.

Running down the hall, without looking out for where I was going, I ran into someone and fell. I heard a couple people laughing. Looking up, I realise it's Team USA. I put my hand on the ground next to the person, pushing myself up off the ground. I grabbed my bag that was on the ground. I figured that the tension between both teams doesn't need to be so high, so I decided to try and make things right. The least I could do is be nice towards them, maybe it'll get them thinking that we're not half bad as we may look.

"Take my hand," I told the boy, who I had ran into and knocked over. He brought one hand up, taking mine, and the other was on his chest as he held it and groaned. I hauled him up and picked up his bag, handing it to him. He smiles casually. "Sorry for running in to you. I was in a hurry to get to my game,"

Team USA finished their last game about twenty minutes ago. The finals is in a couple days from now. The boy simply looked at me, and I knew who he was and I was sure that he knew who I was. When he didn't say anything, but stood there, staring at me, his female teammate had nudge his side. "Oh, it's all right. I can't be any better," He mumbled, loud enough that we could hear.

"We know, Spazway," The boy next to him laughed. I grinned widely, curious about the name 'Spazway'. It seemed a little bit of a harsh name. Like  I'm Jet, and it doesn't bother me none. but Spazway? I'm not too sure about that.

"Spazway?" I questioned.

The girl nods. "He loses control of the puck a lot in hockey," She comments.

"And he's clumsy sometimes," Another spoke. Charlie Conway's face flushed red as he was filled with embarrassment.

I laughed, shaking my head. "I'd love to stay and talk with you guys, but I got a game to catch. I also can't keep my teammates waiting. I'll see you guys around," I waved. They nod, waving as well.

I enter the locker room, cheering our cheer loudly and the others join me. I grabbed some wood next to Kyler and he asked if I was just as pumped as he was for this game.