Partie dix

Shelby's POV

The Dutch team stole the puck from Toria and got a breakaway down the ice. Passing our line of defense and scoring on Jayden. We all skated over to Jayden, patting his shoulder. "It's all right, Bud, we'll get 'em back," Alex reassured. Luke, Toria, Danika, and I nodded, also reassuring him. 

I felt a little bad because he had accidentally let the goal pass by him. Most players on breakaways score and it's hard when you're 1v1 and they win. It's all right, we can shake it off and get it back for sure. There's no doubt about it, we're one of the strongest leading teams here at the Games this year. Iceland isn't going anywhere, they're in third, since USA and Canada ties for first.

Tieing for first is actually really great. I'd rather be tied than be last. Second is even good too, because we have as much time as we want, unless we get eliminated of course. But we have all the time we have to work on different plays and train. We have time to watch our opposing teams. Once we learn who they are and what they do, it's easy to dominate the ice and outwit every single team.

We skated into our positions and Coach stood behind the bench with his arms crossed as he watched attentively. He called out different plays and cheered us on. He was really enthusiastic and it motivated this team even more, which helped a lot. Danika brought her stick down and placed it at center ice with the Dutch player's stick. Toria and I were on either side of her, ready to go. Behind us, Luke and Alex were ready to play, along with Jay.

The puck drops, without hesitation, Danika passed the puck back to Alex quickly, shoving the Dutch player to the ground. With Alex catches me wide open and passes it down to me. With the puck now in possession, I quickly turned and passed it to Danika. I skated further up to get myself open once again and if there was a rebound, I'd be able to help.

Getting knocked down, I get back up just as fast and watch where the puck is. Dutch tried their best to keep up with us, but it was going to be difficult. Any team that will or has played us knows that. We're a tough team to beat, we're a powerful one. "Go, dig in!" Coach hollered from the bench, leaning against the boards with his clipboard in his hand. The players on our bench were on their feet watching, eager to see what happens next.

From Danika to Toria, she shoots and it happens to rebound off the goalie's pad. Danika shoves a player to the ground, sending the puck out to me. I send it to Luke who's at the blue line. He lifts his stick and quickly shoots, getting knocked down right after. He scores and we all holler. Gathering together at the blue line by Luke and Alex, we all patted each other's shoulders. "Good job guys," I spoke.

"We can do it once, we can do it again," Danika cheered, we all lifted our hands up in the air, cheering as we turned and skated back to our positions. 

In the process, Coach had switched Luke and Alex out for Daniel and Oliver. "Defense! Change it up!" Coach hollered. Within seconds they were off and the other two were on. 

Team Canada is a very competitive team and they're going all the way. With a stacked team of players, they're unstoppable! Nothing's been able to stop them. If they win this game, they move on and will be playing against another tough yet competitive team. Team USA! These two strong teams will battle it out to stay in this game. With exceptional players and plays, it will be hard to win a game. Heck, it could turn up to be a tie!

The announcer calls. He was annoying and just talked and talked and talked. I know that's what he's supposed to do, but he never shuts up. No wonder why Victoria gets distracted, he's manipulative. 

I shook my head, getting in to the game. Standing there hunched over as I waited for the puck to drop and for Danika to win it, I focused on the player next to me who wouldn't stop shoving me. I saw Toria looking up in the crowd and knew then that she's off in the stars and will be totaled in a minute. Although it's funny, she could get hurt if she doesn't get her head out of the clouds.

She always gets distracted, no matter what the deal. Danika is always hollering at someone for their actions. It's real funny when you think of it. Not many people are willing to fight for you and get a black eye. But she will, she watches out for her friends. It's good knowing that, ya know? I've never seen her with a black eye before, but I've seen her with a bloody nose from getting hit too hard in hockey. Another girl had beat her up back home. I technically think that Danika won considering she came out with the least amount of blood and bruises.

Danika "The Bruiser" LeSage looses the puck to Veen and is hit to the ground. Victoria " The Disturber" Hoffman is on the ground, it's up to their three players to stop Dutch's play. With Dutch two points behind, they could easily turn this game around, and boy would that ruin Canada's streak! Shelby "The Jet" Morin is after the puck, she's right on his tail. I can't believe it! She's got the puck now, throwing Berg into the glass. She passes to Alexander Myers who's on his spree down the ice. He passes it off to Hoffman.

Hoffman with the puck, she goes to shoot, but fakes a left and passes it behind to Luke Collins. Collins with the puck! Does he shoot! No, he passes it back to LeSage. She shoots! And she scores! What an amazing goal! Right past Valk and between his legs! Beautifully down! Canada is now three points ahead of Dutch with five points. Dutch with two, who will win it all tonight, folks?!

Coach called us off the ice and switched us with Bryce, Riley, and Thomas. We slap our teammates hands as we walk down the bench taking our seats. "Good job girls, nice goals!" Coach clapped, not even looking at us. He was too busy paying attention the five boys on the ice. Jay was doing just as well, he saved many goals today, and there was still way more to come.

"USA," Danika muttered under breath. Toria and I both look at her after taking our helmets off. Toria shook her head after wiping her face. I took a swig of water and looked in the direction of where Danika was pointing to. 

In the stands was most of Team USA, watching the game. We all spotted them within seconds. I hated them, they acted as if they owned the place. But really, none of us did, and it so happens that we coincidentally 'bump' into one another's team all the time and it never stops! They're a great team, but now they're watching how we play! We need to step up our game. But none of the boys would want to sit and watch one of their games. Either way, if we win, then we have to play them next, which means we have no time to watch them. 

"Don't worry about them, it's not like they're going to win," Toria says, brushing it off.

I knew Danika and I were thinking the same things. "What if they so happen to win?" I asked.

I get slapped by Cameron who's in front of us. Danika slaps him upside the head. "Shut up!" Toria and I smirked, and I even caught Liam and Finn turn and laugh at him. 

"She told you!" Toria laughed, leaning back against the wall and the five of us laughed while Cameron grew quiet. 

Huh, we fool around a lot as team. But at the end of the day, we're a good team and nothing can touch us. Team Canada all the way!