Partie huit

Victoria's POV 

The next day we all stood outside in our red and white shorts and shirts. There was a crap ton of stuff out here. He had these blocks on the ground, which I had no idea what we were doing. We all dropped our bags on the ground by our sides, holding our hockey sticks in hand. With Coach Mercier in front of us, we all sighed not wanting to be out in the heat of LA but were anyways.

It wasn't super hot, but it would catch up to us by the end of practice when we look like sweaty oafs and smell like bio and rotting fish. "There's lots to do. You'll all be at different stations for ten minutes. I expect you all to put effort in to this because if not, you've proven to me how weak you really are," Coach spoke.

We all nod and head out. The three of us head to a station together while the others branch off in groups five groups of three. Of course the three of us girls were together, there was no way we were separating. if we had the choice to be together, we'd pick that over the others. It was just more fun doing stuff all together because we could talk about the stupidest stuff and laugh while the boys talk about stuff that doesn't make sense half time, whereas our conversations do.

There was six stations. Station one was the boxes. You had to jump up on the box and jump down for ten minutes straight or as long as you could go. The boxes were heavy enough that they wouldn't fall. Station two was running laps which none of us wanted to do. And just because Jet can run doesn't mean she'll last ten consecutive minutes. Station three was striding lunges, which basically was long steps but you ran. Station four was skater jumps with a stick. Station five was squats, push ups, jump rope, and then burpees. Station six was side step up jumps.

We ran over to striding lunges. Upon arriving, Oliver, Jayden, and Bryce were at the station next to us doing skater jumps with a stick. Those didn't seem too bad, I'd just get tired of jumping after awhile, we all would. Coach even said that this practice was going to burn us down pretty good but we'd be ready for almost anything. He also said to enjoy it because it's not the last time we'd be doing these station exercises. He walked around in his track suit as he watched or taught some of the others how to do the different stations.

"Hope you guys have fun at the easy station," Bryce called.

"The easy station is laps," Shelby yelled, as Danika started the lunges. We were all supposed to be doing them, but only she started.

Once she got to the far end, she stopped and looked at the guys. "Shut up and do your jumps," She spoke. Toria and I laughed, goofing off to the line that was placed there. We started our striding lunges and then Danika returned.

Ten minutes of this didn't seem too bad. I kept looking at the ground mind you, which screwed up Toria and we both fell. Grass stained our white shirts. "Oh good job," She told me.

I mimicked her facial expression and walked back to the starting line. Danika casually shook her head laughing. We started back up on the strides as Coach walked back shaking his head as well and continued with a smile on his face. The boys next to us were jumping with their sticks in hand, but were hitting one another with their hockey sticks instead of doing what they were supposed to be doing.

We walked over to the boys' station which was skater jumps with a stick. Instead of everyone grabbing their own stick, Coach told everyone to just use the same sticks that were there. We had five hockey sticks. Three different sizes. We had small players, and tall players, and big broad shouldered players. We were a mix of different heights.

We each picked up our hockey sticks and got in a line, far enough apart that we wouldn't run into one another or hit the other with our stick. Toria was middle this time and I was finally no longer in the middle because of our mishap last time. And I mean less than ten minutes ago. On the call of three, we started and kept in rythm with one another as we jumped. Instead of jumping forward, stoping and jumping back. We decided to jump forward and then jump back like that.

It was tricky at first but we were able to get the hang of it after a little while. There was more talking than I thought there'd be. There was absolutely no noise from Cameron, Thomas, and Kyler's trio. They were quiet and seemed to be in the zone as they were working hard. And do you know what else happens when you're on an all boys team with three girls? They don't bother of thinking about the girls and take their shirts off.

Sure it's hot, but we can't just take our shirts off. They'd whine yet we're not. It's not that it's 'hot' seeing them like that, it's gross but at the same time doesn't bother us because we're all friends and teammates and have been together every day all day for the past week and a half. You get to know everyone really well and their hilarious stories too.

Riley was telling a story the other day on how his dog had eaten his fish when his cat had knocked the tank off the table. He wasn't crying, but laughing and so was everyone else. He's stupid in the first place for leaving his tank out in the open and for not watching his cat. But he claims that it was his little sister's cat and his older sister's fish while it was his dog. We would've never guessed that he had sisters.

We switched stations once again and headed to station five. Seeing the three boys ahead of us that we'd been bickering with back and forth, and laughing the odd time with too, we didn't want to do this station. It was the push ups, jump rope, burpees, and squats. We all did our own thing. Danika did squats, I did jump rope while Shelby did burpees. None of us liked this at all and we weren't really ones to do this kinda stuff. We can't do push ups, which isn't sad considering we watched Thomas do them.

Thomas wasn't one to do push ups and stuff like that. He prefered doing the stick jumps, laps, striding lunges, side step jumps, and the boxes. In terms, he was better with leg muscle than upper body muscle. Some of us were like that too, but not all of us had the same strengths and weaknesses.

"I flippin' hate this station!" Danika hollered doing her squats. Shelby agreed.

"I'd rather eat or sleep than do this," I replied.

"No duh!" Shelby said, I wanted to smack her upside the head. But we joke around all the time and we don't take it to heart at all. We're not like that.

Sighing, I took my seat on the ground and basically was finished, even though we were only half way done the stations once we finished this one. And to top it off, our last station is running laps. Not only is it the easiest, but you need the endurance to last ten minutes of running. It was only a 70 minute practice, if you include ten minutes at each station and then ten minutes added that includes getting to your next station and Coach Mercier's speech, which he practically gives every practice or game.

At least our coach is motivational and a not hit the ice and shoot a goal, not caring kinda coach. I mean, that'd be a pretty sappy and poor coach to have. Luckily, we don't have that. "What're you doing, Hoffman?" Coach Mercier asked me. I saw him stand next to me, blocking the sun. He was lucky, he had sun glasses on and we didn't think of brining ours.

"Just relaxing," I replied.

"Very funny, get up," He had passed me his hand and I took it. He hauled me to my feet with ease. He nods towards the other two, who stood side by side, leaning against one another, wanting a break themselves. "All right everyone, five minute break and then it's back to work!"

"Yes!" We hollered. We all gathered in a group in the center of the stations, scarfing down water. A couple of the guys had laid down on the grass, and were wearing tank tops or muscle tops and we knew that without sunscreen, they were going to burn. I drank all my water and got up to get some more, so Danika and Shelby threw me their bottles asking me to fill them up. In the end, I ended getting water with Daniel because the boys had tossed their bottles to him to fill. We're such a great team, aren't we?