Partie cinq

Toria's POV

The following afternoon, Team Canada had just parted ways from lunch. Team USA had a game against Trinidad and Tobago. The score was 9-2, and USA won. Iceland had a game against Russia, and Iceland won by two points. We have a game in about forty minutes against Italy. 

Most of the boys from our team had headed their own ways to either their dorms or the locker room to hang out and get ready for our game. We were making our way out of the lunch room and then down the road to the arena. 

As we were departing, someone had accidentally hit shoulders with Danika. She was about to apologise when the other person had just spazed out. Blaming her for it when we weren't even the problem, she didn't do anything and yet she was getting scowled at. I'd help, but we all knew that she could handle her battles.

"Hey, don't scowl at me, it's your own damn fault you can't walk," Danika declared. And she was right, it wasn't her fault, it was theirs.

Shelby grimaced at them, and I jeered their actions. It was quite funny, even Jet tried not to laugh, but couldn't resist this beauty! Once I realised who they were, it was even funnier. This was Team USA hockey, all boys and two girls. The ones in the back were quiet while their potty mouthed leader stood up for their behalf.

Their potty mouthed leader had shaved sides and longer curly hair on top. They all wore matching USA track suits. We had some too, but didn't wear them today. Sure, we wore the shirts, but we weren't wearing the full track suits. Which we should be wearing. "Hey, stop bickering at us, we didn't do nothin' wrong," Jet started.

"Yeah, and I suggest you leave us alone," I added.

"We got a game to catch,"

Danika crossed her arms with a grin. They scoffed and left. Their leader leading the way. I could easily tell off the bat who two of their defensemen were, the two tallest boys who wore bandanas and glared us, unsophisticated. 

There was a couple boys in the back, one of which, who wouldn't stop looking at us. It was like they were observing us. Jet had already started walking and I followed, tapping Danika's shoulder and trailed behind until she caught up to us.

I didn't like that team very much. Just by what their defensemen and some what leader seemed like. I didn't like them, though, the last couple guys did seem to impress me how they stayed quiet and out of the entire disagreements. I didn't think they'd do that, I thought the entire team would gang up on us, but from the looks of it, only one did.

We entered our locker room after a little and Jayden stood up, "Where were you three?" He didn't ask harshly, though, it seemed that way.

"Ran into Team USA," Jet replied.

"And we gotta take them down," Danika added as she took her seat. I nodded, along with Jet. And that comment got everyone going. They all had stood up and cheered. Seems to me that USA hockey might be our biggest enemy. I dislike them, and by the way my team's reacting, I bet we'll rock this tourney.

I took my seat next between Jayden and Riley. They were half dressed already,and I started getting my shin pads on, then my socks, and then tape them so they'd stay up. For games and practice, I learnt that the guys will strip down and change into pants, shorts, and shirts.

I stood up, pulling my shoulder pads on after my hockey pants, socks, shin pads, and skates were on. The boys started filing out of the locker room and had headed to the rink to start their warm ups. It was Danny, Jet, Myself, and two others. "Man, we gotta do well," I said.

"And who says we won't?" Luke asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "She never said we wouldn't, she just wants us to do well so we can beat Team USA's butt," Danika replied.

We all headed out of the locker room, and proceeded towards the ice where the rest of our team was. The minute I stepped onto the ice, Jet was behind me, and had beat me to the others. There was a pile of pucks on the ground and everyone was taking shots.

Coach had posted our lines this morning and told everyone where they were playing. We all knew our lines, and Danika, Jet, and Myself were first line. Coach said he had a hard time choosing the wingers for the first line because there was too many good players to choose from. So our second left and right wingers got put on second. We're really stacked, and I like that a lot.

Warm ups ended and we all gathered at the bench, except for those who were starting first, which was the three of us and then Luke and Daniel. It was risky to put both Luke and Daniel out on the same line, but they were our strongest and did deserve to be on first with us on the starting line.

We all gathered together for our cheer before we headed to our positions on the ice. Italy approached their positions, calling out what seemed to be played. It was spanish, but some of us understood very little because we knew french. Daniel and Luke didn't know french, but they'll grow to learn if we call out in french. I will call out in front the odd time, and now that we know what teams we're facing off and most are either english or their cultural language, we can speak french.

The puck dropped and Danika quickly had it. I shoved the player in front of me away and skated down the ice as Shelby was bringing up the puck, our defensemen behind us in the offensive zone. Jet got stuck in the corner and Luke went to her aid. I didn't have anyone blocking me because I was constantly moving, knocking them to the ground or Daniel would take care of it for me.

I tapped my stick on the ground as I was in front of the net, which isn't the best position, but at that moment didn't care. Jet was out and free, which she had passed me the puck and I quickly back handed it. Scoring. All of us gathered together and our defensemen, I guess, didn't realise how strong they were until I told them not to hit our helmets. Jet was strong enough, and Danika probably was, but I didn't feel the need to get hit with on the helmet by them. I'd rather have a pat to the shoulder or back.

We regained our previous positions. Italy was good, but they didn't seem to be at our exact level. It seemed easy to get that score, which it is was, in my opinion. Usually it isn't that easy, but it all depends on the team you're playing, whether they're good or not. And in this case, I can't really say because we're not even five minutes into the game.

Danika won the face off, this time passing it over to me. Jet had sped up to the other side already knocking down a player, allowing Danika to go all the way if she wanted. Luke and Daniel did an enormous effort to not kill the other in the ice.

Jet had the puck and was dekeing out other players as she made her way to the net, but then got knocked to the ground, and we lost the puck. Our defensemen picked up their game and stayed with the players who had the puck. I turned and skated down the ice, trying to get that puck back.

Daniel shoved a player into the boards with his hip and got the puck, passing it down to Danny, who made her way down the ice, and passed it over to me. I was gonna shoot, when a player came and fought me for the puck. I moved the player out of my way, and kicked the puck over to Jet, who had easily scored from the left face off circle.

Once again, we all cheered and Coach changed it up a bit. Just to let the others have their turns to play. We took our break and sat down, cheering on our team with every move they made, just like they did for us.