Partie Quinze

Danika's POV

Coach did talk a lot about that game. He's not just mad at us, but he's ticked off about USA too. It wasn't just us in that fight. He was disapointed in us, and kinda is. I am mad at team USA and I also don't like them too much. I dislike their goons, their Potty Mouth, and a couple others. There's a few that I'm all right and am familiar with but it's not like we're all suddenly going to become friends. It could be great in the end. I'd be afraid if one of the two teams would take advantage of the other. If we play them again, I want to win the fair way. I don't want either team to fight, and I certainly don't want any of our players to be kicked out.  

Even without players in the box or kicked out of the game. I'm sure USA was still going to win no matter what. They were mentally strong whereas we were more physically strong. Our players had more of the bulk whereas they were tall, but lanky and smart. We had smart players, in fact, we're all smart. It's just we're rather cocky on the ice, I guess. I do have to admit that USA has some cocky pretty boys.

I can't deny that I found the blue eyed demon cute. I honestly did and there was no way I couldn't deny it. Every girl can think any guy is cute and not like them, it's quite possible. At the game against USA, I did face off against the blue eyed boy, but it was different. He was so casual as he talked to me. He also didn't shove me to the ground and it was very odd. Everyone does, girl or not. I would've been completely fine if he had of done that. I just would've checked him harder. It's how I roll, so keep notes. 

I was talking with Toria and Shelby,and they had both agreed that the blue orbed boy with dashing hair was cute. They also had spotted out other boys from that team, and of course they were the nice ones. They were at first hesistant, just like the blue eyed boy, but they turned out very nice and would end the problems between the teams whereas we didn't do anything to stop it, but more so would increase it. Toria said the guy's name was Guy Germaine, and there was Luis Mendoza. Luis Mendoza was that speedy kid who tried getting Shelby on the breakaway and couldn't stop, and she scored for us. Guy Germaine apparently was the second blond headed boy, but his hair was longer than the blue eyed demon boy,who's name I found out was Adam Banks. Shelby said it was that Coach's pet, who's name is Charlie Conway. She was saying how he had played the game and watched her, shoved her, and stole the puck. But he also, like she said, was a Coach's pet because he listened and pulled his mates away when their Coach called him.

I got out of my thoughts when the ice greeted me. Looking up I realise that Toria had shoved me to the ground. She laughed, skating backwards towards the boards. "Let's go, break time,"

I got up and grabbed my hockey stick, skating over to the others. I wasn't mad at her for what she did. We did this kind of stuff all the time and just laugh. We bug each other all the time and others would think that we bully one another with what we say and do, but we're best friends, and that's how we are. Skating up, I lean against the boards after grabbing my water bottle from the bench. Coach and Miss Brantford seemed to be talking to one another about something, nodding their heads in agreements and she'd light up when she had an idea. She's our tutor and teaches us. We've had several classes before and sometimes they're okay and other times the boys, and sometimes us girls, fool around. Who wouldn't? School's a little boring the odd time, but most of the time it's fun.

"Hustle up!" Coach called. Everyone threw or set their bottles on the other side of the boards and skated over to Coach and Miss Brantford. We all grabbed a knee, in the messiest group possible, and listened to what he and they had to say. "Miss Brantford did some research on Team USA and our next opponents. Team USA has these gimicks that they use during their games. Against Iceland they used what they call the flying V,"

"Hey, I've seen them do that!" Bryce said, he seemed shocked that they actually knew what this flying V was. It sounded really stupid, but maybe it's useful for them. 

"Thank you, Bryce," Coach replied. Bryce nods with a cocky grin and his arms folded across his chest.

"Suck up!" Liam coughed, which caused everyone to laugh.  

"All right, settle down. Now, their five players form a V formation behind their net once they have possession of the puck. With possession of the puck, they soar down the ice. Hitting the blue line, four of them take on a player and give time for the leader to shoot the puck, scoring. They've never failed at this trick, so I expect you guys to make it happen,"Coach finishes.

Kyler looks around at the group. "What if we don't?" Finn, out of the blue, asks.

"You think we can't take on a bunch of Ducks?" Toria laughed. "They have no teeth!"

"Nor do hockey players don't," Luke retorted.

"But you do," Cameron spoke, patting Thomas' shoulder as they both erupted into laughter.

Everyone nods and gets up. "Don't be late. Class starts in twenty minutes," Miss Brantford spoke up as she and Coach spoke while waiting for the rest of us to get off the ice. 

There was a lot of shoving from the boys as we were getting off the ice. Because they were shoving us, I turned and shoved Riley who about fell back, but didn't because Finn had stopped him. Continuing on, we headed in to the locker room and the boys were already pulling their jerseys off. I did wish they had showers in here that had stalls and a locked door so us girls could take showers after practices and games, but they don't. It's all right though, there's a shower in our dorm room.

Sitting at my spot and taking my gear,Daniel and Oliver, who were on either side of me, had watched Bryce, Finn, Jayden, and Riley hit each other with their hockey gear. They were going to have red marks on their bodies after this practice. They were hitting each other so hard and I'd imagine that it'd hurt. Next to Toria, she, Cameron, and Thomas were talking laughing about something stupid. Shelby, who had Kyler and Liam on either side of her, were watching. I caught her stare and she gave me a playful grin and I smiled in return as I shook my head.

After practice, we all headed to our dorms to grab our books and stuff. We've got a game tomorrow and I'm pretty pumped. We're playing Russia. Italy's out. Trinidad-Tobago have one more life, per say, and then they're out. Iceland has one more too. Germany's got one. Dutch has one and I can't remember the other competitors. I do believe we have a great shot at making it to finals. One game that we lost won't set off the rest of our games. We have the power and will to do it, and we're going to make it there.

In our dorm room, Victoria was struggling to find her books that she misplaced. It's not that hard to keep them in one spot. Shelby and I laughed as we sat on the bottom of her bed. The room was clean, for now, and we were planning on keeping it this way. I'm sure all the boys showered after practice because we had twenty minutes. They have enough time to get in, wash their hair, rinse off, and get out. Shelby and Toria said they were having theirs tonight because they didn't have to rush and they could potentially take as long as they want. We also have to be aware of how much water we've got, like hot water. Which means we each can't take thirty minutes showers. Which never happens, for the most part.