Partie treize

Shelby's POV

Team Canada walked off the ice as Team USA had won 6-4. We were devasted. We told everyone that we were the best. We even were in USA's face saying how we'd be the winners yet we aren't. Now I feel embarassed for even saying something about us winning. I did stress a little, but once we lost Oliver, it seemed we had lost everything. That was when we started going downhill. Knowing we had a player out, knowing they had the step up, it got to our heads.

Entering the locker room, I took my seat between Kyler and Liam. We didn't have the same locker room every time, but once more teams start leaving as they're eliminated. We'll soon have our own locker room. Every time we go to the same spots and sit next to the same people. I honestly like sitting beside Kyler. He was always chill and laid back, he did talk, but not as much as the rest of us do.

It wasn't as loud as it usually was. Everyone was upset about the loss, there were no smiles on anyone's faces. The only thing that had brought smiles to everyone's face was when we talked about the fight that broke out on the ice. I actually never imagined myself punching someone, let along a boy my age whose a competetor in the same category as I am. I actually punched someone, and they weren't rude or anything, they were just backing up their teammates.

I can't say it was all my fault, he shoved me a couple good times. Toria was too distracted, she was talking to someone at first from the opposing team until one of the mightier defensers, from the opposing team, of course, had checked her to the ground.

The locker door opened to Coach Mercier who walked in with his hands on his hips and he sighed loudly, catching everyone's attention. We all stopped what we were doing and looked at him. Half of us were half undressed from our hockey gear and the other half didn't even bother to start getting out of their gear because they were too busy talking. "I'm disapointed in you guys. Not because of the lost, but because of the way this team behaved themselves on the ice,"

"But Coach-" Oliver went to speak, but had gotten cut off.

"No,"He said, crossing his arms as he shook his head in annoyance. "I don't want to hear it. You guys are fourteen and fifteen years old. What people saw out on that ice wasn't Team Canada and Team USA, but a bunch of teenage hockey players having fun as they punch out their opponents!" The tone of his voice becoming angrier and louder.

Miss Brantford stood behind him with her arms in front of her as she listened. She looked sympathetically at all of us, but kept to herself. I glanced over, seeing that Finn had his arm on Alex's shoulder to hold himself up. You could tell this team was fairly close that they could put an arm on one's shoulder and it wouldn't matter. You could even all sit on a couch together and watch a movie, and even fall asleep, and none of us would mind. Well, most of us.

He stood there in thought, pondering. I looked around, seeing that the others were doing the same thing. "I don't want to see this team fight like that ever again. It was a great game overall. I'm proud of you boys and girls, like I am every game...Get undressed and clear the room," He adds. Walking away and exiting the room, Miss Brantford follows him and leaves as well after she had congragulated us.

"He didn't seem as upset about all this as I thought he would," Kyler said, walking towards the showers. We were just glad that the showers had a wall and curtain over the door.

Most of us agreed with Kyler on what he implied. "Man, did you see those two goons?," Daniel asked, all of a sudden becoming super ecstatic.

I shook my head. Laim sat next to me and spoke loud enough that I'd be able to hear him. "We're one loss away from loosing completely. We need to train together and make sure we do well in our upcoming games,"

I nodded. "Yeah," I replied, hanging up my hockey pants.

Once finished, I grabbed my bag and bottle after pulling my shoes on. I was going to leave with Toria and Danika, but they weren't close to being done. Noticing that Cameron, Thomas, and Jayden were done, I asked if I could join them. I didn't know what they were doing, but I'm sure they're doing something stupid or relaxing.

Joining them, I walked alongside Jay while Cameron and Thomas followed behind us. We got quiet once we neared Team USA's locker room and a couple of them walked out of the locker room. I noticed the ones who were on the ice had a cut or two on their face or neck. One had a black eye and was holding an icepack to his nose. I figured that was the kid Oliver had beat up. Maybe even Danika, but it doesn't seem likely. She could've, I just know that she had ganged up on one of the bigger goons.

We grew oddly quiet and they stopped in their tracks. Jay brought his arm out in front of me, stopping me from walking any further. Thomas ran into me while Cameron simply looked at the ground, stopping before he had ran into Jay.

"Good game," One of the players said out of the blue, bringing his hand out for one of us to shake.

"Adam!" One of them hissed under their breath. Jay shook his hand firmly, smiling.

"You too. You guys played great," He replied. Cameron started whistling and I looked back, seeing him not move, but look at me, and wink. I turn back and look at the Americans.

"Hey, you were on the ice during the fight, right?" The goon who held an icepack to his nose asked. He had brought his hand down in which held the ice as he glared at me, while pointing his finger.

I took a step back, hitting Thomas. I nod and wait to see what they were going to say or do. "You play well," Another player said. I definitely knew him all too well. He was the boy that I was head to head with during the fight. Charlie Conway number 96 from Team USA. He sure seemed like a Coach's pet or something, considering when his Coach told him to stop, he did and had pulled his players back.

"We have to go now," Cameron spoke up, shoving the three of us past them. "Have yourselves a great night,"

"Let's eat!" Thomas shouted as we were only ten feet away from them. I heard them laughing and I shook my head, laughing because it was kind of funny.

I didn't know where exactly we were going and why we weren't waiting for the others. Because I certainly did feel bad going someplace to eat with these three bafoons while the rest of our team has no clue. It's also because I'm sure Danika and Toria wanted to do something together. We usually always hang out, but I guess it couldn't be so bad if we did our thing for an hour or so, right?