Partie vingt

Victoria's POV

Entering a fast food kinda restaurant, Danika, Shelby, and Myself had taken our seat at a big circle corner booth. The restaurant wasn't packed and I'd understand why. It's maybe eleven thirty in the morning and it just opened about a half hour ago. Plus, most are using the drive thru. Anyways, we were stoked for the big game coming up. We're getting ready to play our best and hardest. No matter what, I know that this team will do great.

Canada's come a long way since all the players have met from the beginning. I can't imagine what it'd be like with a different team than the people I've been with. This team has fought several times, but we've always overcome the obstacles together. The bond amongst the kids on this team is incredibly strong for a bunch of kids who've been together for a couple weeks. No matter what has happened, this team has been through it together. We lost together and we won together.

Danika and Shelby were in a deep conversation about how stupid some of the guys on our team were. I rolled my eyes playfully, shaking my head, and laughing as I listened to them. "...tried getting that girl, it went horribly wrong," Shelby laughed, hitting the table with her hand as they laughed.

"At least he did it," Danika replied.

I nodded, engaging into their conversation of randomness. "Talking about Oliver?"I  asked.

"Yeah, do you remember what he did?"

I nod once again, "At least we didn't play interrogation or abuse,"

"What?" Shelby asked looking at me.

"It's another way for saying truth or dare,"

A little while later, we had ordered our meal and drinks. While waiting, Danika turned, hearing a couple people laughing. I suddenly looked up when a familiar red head had slammed his hand on our table. Shelby sighs, looking at them and looking away once she sees Conway. Danika had scoffed, looking away as she had put her hand on her head. "Why so down? The best team has just arrived?"

The three of us looked at one another and laughed. Danika spoke up first. "There's no better team or worse team, we're the same and we'll keep it that way until tomorrow,"

She kept looking at Adam Banks, number 99 from the American Junior Games hockey team. She's been 'round, but not frequently. The three of us have kinda been doing our thing every now and then. I can't deny that I've been hanging around some of the Americans every now and then. They're okay to be around once you get to know them, which I have, and so have they. Just on their own times.

"May the best team win," Their goalie spoke, with a smug smile.

"Hell, we will," Shelby called out as they had taken their seats in the booth. Which had to be right next to ours. Damn it, why's it always us? It's like fate is telling us something. They're constantly around us, we're constantly running in to one another. I can't say that it doesn't bother me, because honestly, it doesn't.

In the long run, I think that maybe it was a good thing we made friends that weren't just on our team. At the same time we'd never tell them our plans for the hockey game coming up. We need to win, we need to prove to the world that one lost won't determine our next moves. USA hasn't lost a game and tomorrow, they will. I'd feel bad of course if they lose, but at the same time, I'd be too happy seeing that we won. I can't say anything further, because I could jinx our game tomorrow. That's bad, so I'll keep my mouth shut for now.

Shelby stood up and slapped one of the boys behind us. Danika and I covered our mouths, trying to hide the fact that we were laughing. "Don't touch me," She scowled, and pointed to him. I turn to see the red head rubbing the back of his head. I didn't know his name, I only bothered to remember the important ones, which are the ones we usually face off.

"What was that for?" He asked, turning in his booth to face us.

"For pulling my hair,"

His eyes went wide. I didn't exactly see what happened. I only saw her get up and slap him. "I didn't touch you!" He whined.

"Don't be stupid, you know exactly what you did," She spoke up, flipping her hair and then turned, and plopped down in the booth.

I continued laughing, and then the waitress came back with our meals. We thanked her, and she had headed off to the booth next to us which was the boys'.

They didn't have their other teammates with them. I don't think it really matters if you do or not. We're not always with our teammates and when we are, we have just as much fun as we do just the three of us. Tomorrow's our last game together as a team, and I plan on cherishing that game and every other game we've had up to this point.

The boys behind us were incredibly loud, I turned and looked at them. Getting a wave from Banks. I waved sarcastically and turned around after giving him a fake smile. I knew he liked Danika, as a friend of course. I had never seen the two alone hanging out or what ever, but she did tell us that she was watching a hockey game and they happened to be there, and wouldn't shut up. I kinda laughed, and had spilt tooth paste all over myself, it was yucky.

"I'm getting tired of being here," I spoke up.

Danika raised her hand, nodding as well. Shelby was already standing up and grabbing her back pack. We all grabbed our stuff, left money on the table for the waitress to pick up and then left. Walking down the sunny streets of LA, the weather was decent and I loved it. It wasn't cold and nor was I super hot. There's been days where the weather has been traitorous.

Going back to LA with sun burns will be possible, considering most of us have been out in this heat for quite awhile now. I was ready to get back home, enjoy the weather, head back to boring school, be with friends, my family, and have the stress free kinda life. Here it's a little stressful because you have no parents, but you have friends, a Coach, and a tutor. It's a little different and then having back to back games and practices, it's a little challenging but overall, it's great. Sometimes it gets to your head, but right now, mine's pretty clear. I want to keep it that way until our game.