Partie vingt-trois

Victoria's POV

And the final score is 5-5. Tied game. We're going into a shoot out. Each team will select five players to participate in the shoot out event.

We all were super pumped up. None of us knew who Coach was going to pick for the shoot out. He knew all of our strengths, but none of us asked to do it. We simply were quiet and had cheered on the team quite loudly. We didn't fight over who got it or not, we're a team and knew that which ever five he picked, we were going to encourage them all the way. No matter what, if they score or not.

Once everyone was settled down and Miss Brantford calmed down after telling us multiple times to calm down, she too calmed down and her a smile on her face. "All right, LeSage, Hoffman, Morin,  Collins, and Williams. You five are doing the shoot out,"

The five of us who had gotten named had looked one another. Riley looked around, actually wondering if he was the one doing the shoot out. He seemed quite shocked, whereas Luke looked like he was gonna slay it.

First up was Hall from Team USA. He stood on the ice and waited for the ref to drop the puck at center ice. We all were standing at our bench watching. It was quiet in the entire arena, other than few odd people who spoke up. Hall skated forward in a circle and skated up behind the puck, kicking it with his foot. He brought his stick down and went straight for it. He skated down the left side, dekeing out Jayden, and then shot right and scored. Hall stopped behind the net, cheering with his arms and stick in the air.

"Good try, Jay!" Most of us called different things. He nods and skated on over to the bench, he entered and Danika left the box.

The next goalie left the bench and headed to the net. We turned to face USA's end of the ice. Danika skated to center, just like the other remaning eight players will. She arrives at center and stood there, waiting. She looked at the ground and then to her right where her team was. I nod and I catch Shelby smile and nod towards her. "You got this!" Cameron yelled.

She bowed her head and once the ref blew the whistle, she brought her stick down, hitting the puck forward. She skated up. She faked a left, and the goalie fell for it. Flopping to the ground and had no shot of ever trying to save that shot of hers. She shot right and scored. Tieing the game, 1-1. I saw her look up and cheer loudly. She skated over to the boards, almost running in to the boards as the rest of us has embraced her before she even entered the box.

"You did it!" Cameron yelled, bringing her into a hug. She looked squished and I simply laughed whilst shaking my head. I stopped when I saw Guy Germaine enter the rink and head to center ice. He was USA's second player to take on the challenge. The others were still celebrating when he started off, but had quieted down when Coach told them to quiet down. I gazed down the line at USA's bench, seeing all their players on their feet, their Coach, tutor, and one player, which was Conway, were standing on the back bench watching their player and his moves attentively.

My Coach stood with pride next to the bench, closest to the divider between both teams, with Miss Brantford by his side. They both wore letterman jackets that were red and white, and had said their names and what team they were from.

Germaine quickly skated forward with the puck in front of him the entire time. he didn't anything fancy. He took a shot at the net, and then scored. I didn't want to sigh, because we were kinda friends, but I did anyways. I didn't want USA to get another shot. Turns out, they did, and from someone I was all too fond of.

Next up was Luke for our team. He usually liked shooting from the blue line or just before that. I didn't know if he was going to do that or not. We prayed and hoped for him, we did that for each and every player on this team. He headed out to center ice, and once the whistle blew, he headed off. He stopped at the blue line, like I had somewhat predicted. From there, he lifted his stick, and took a beautiful shot. Only to be saved glove side by USA's goalie. We all groaned, but cheered him on. USA cheered with smiles on their faces and I grimaced as I looked at them, catching Portman's eye. He simply smiled and looked away towards his teammates.