Partie neuf

Danika's POV

"Remember that?" Oliver asked everyone. Team Canada hockey was seated in the lobby of the dorm building. We over took it once Germany had left for the night. Bryce was kind enough to ask them if they were coming back or not. So, our entire team was in here. There's not enough couches or chairs so half of the boys were standing up. We made use of what we had which mean everyone was piled on a couch or chair. That meant there was people on the couch and the arms, or even the back of the couch.

Victoria and I were seated on the chair while Shelby sat on the ground in front. We offered to switch out every now and then to make it fair. She said she'd rather sit on the floor and the odd time sit on the arm rest of our chair or the couch. Jayden, Kyler, Alex, Daniel, and Bryce were all on the two seater couch. With the goalies on either arm rest while the remaining three took the couch part. Liam, Finn, and Ry took another another chair, which was a little bigger than ours. Cameron and Thomas were really good buds, and they were leaning against the wall where the two chairs were placed. Luke and Oliver had pulled the table over and sat on that. 

I was quite surprised they didn't get yelled at for sitting on the table. Well, come to think of it, all of us. We weren't seated properly on the couch or chairs. But what else do ya do? The ground isn't all that comfortable after an hour or so. We were fairly loud too, we weren't quiet. When are we?... Exactly.

"Oh, yeah, yeah!" Daniel hollered. "You were trying too hard,"

"Was not!" Oliver spat, crossing his arms.

Next to Oliver was Luke, who turned the other way to laugh. "You were so," Jay added.

"Yeah, she didn't bother with you," Ky inquired, backing up his goalie pal. Because Jay and Ky were goalies they were pretty good friends and helped one another. Neither of them were better and we all knew that.  

If I had to name off a bestfriend for each of the members of this team, it'd be easy. Cameron and Thomas are right wings, and they're pretty close. Toria's a right too, which makes her just as good of friends as the two are together. Though, Toria would probably rather hang out with Shelby and I. Like I mentioned previously, Ky and Jay are good pals. Liam and Oliver were a tight duo. Daniel, Alex, Luke, and Bryce were another tight foursome. Finn and Ry were friends, but not like super cool pals. If anything, it'd be Cameron and Thomas or Ky and Jay who'd basically do anything for the other. Which is quite odd considering we've all been together for almost two weeks or so. 

There was small conversations going on between everyone in the group. Toria, Shelby, and I were talking to one another and each one of the three ofus would bring something up that was hilarious, we'd laugh and the boys would just look at us like we're idiots or Luke would tell us to shut up because we were annoying. I don't think Luke likes us very much.

All of us were laughing at something Thomas had said. "Well, well, well," We all quieted down and wiped our faces from crying because we were laughing too hard. I tap Toria's shoulder and nod towards the right where a gang of boys stood. "If it isn't Team Canada,"

"If it isn't the puny American hockey team," Daniel spoke, we all coughed a laughed.

Shelby was seated on the armrest with her arms crossed as she stared at them. We knew them. There's some bad blood between the Canadian and American hockey teams. First they blame us for something, second they run into us all the time, and third, they're stalking on us. "Haha, very funny," Jesse said, crossing his arms.

"Team Canada isn't all that great. We're taking you down, Girls," One from the back of the group spoke up.

Our entire team looks at us, probably wondering what we did wrong. Honestly, we did nothing but tell them how shitty Team USA was and how they wouldn't leave us alone and think they could beat us. I highly doubt that. I really do, we all do, actually. Toria stood up grinning. "Look, we didn't do nothing, so get outta here,"

"Shut up, Sweets!" One of their bigger defensemen had said, pointing at Toria. He wore a black bandana around his head, he had short black curly hair while his besfriend had long brown hair.

Jayden stood up, walking over fiercely to Toria. He seemed like he really wanted to give that boy a piece of his mind. I stood and stopped him quickly. "Hey, Buff!" I called. "Don't call her or any of us that,"

Cameron and Thomas get up, walking over to the boys and the two of us, wanting to change the subject. "You boys are pretty small," Thomas spoke.

Cameron laughs. "If you think your little squad could beat us, then dream big,"

We cheered Cameron and Thomas on for their effort. Jesse looked like he was about to go at them with full force. That is, until an elder looking lady walks over to the group of boys. "Made some friends?" She asked, smiling.

We Canadians looked at one another in silence and then broke out into laughter. Some of the boys were hitting their thighs since they were laughing so hard. Or they'd hit who ever was next to them. "Yeah right," Alex laughs even harder, making the rest of us double over in pain as we laughed hysterically.

This woman was real funny. "We were just leaving," The dirty blond haired boy spoke, scanning the lobby as he glanced at us. He seemed to be a spectator because he didn't talk much and when he did, he always looked at Toria, Shelby, and I. It wasn't anything new, most people stared at us for obvious reasons-we're loud people.

"Adam," The brunette said, turning on his heel. So the blond headed boy's name was Adam. It's a nice name, I like it. "wait up!" He called.

"It was nice meeting you guys," The woman said, smiling and walked away behind the kids from her team. The rest of us locked eyes with one another after calming down from our laughing fits. 

"She's crazy if she thinks that they could be our friends," Daniel said, plopping down on top of the boys who were already seated on the couch. 

Shelby stood up stretching and yawning. "I'm heading to the dorm,"

"I'm coming," I spoke and Toria followed along. We waved goodbye to the boys on our team and headed out. 

Heading upstairs behind the girls, I couldn't think of much. Could we really beat Team USA? They were an undefeatable team so far. They were unstoppable, and so we were we. But one of us is going to win at the game against one another. I just can't imagine it being us who lost, because then we made a fool of ourselves by saying we'd beat them. We're a strong team, there's lots of connections between people and the team bond is tight. They managed to round up good players because none of us fight, other than those small arguments.

Arriving at our dorm room, we had shut and locked the door, heading to our respective beds. The room was slightly messy, but it'll be clean in no times. It's just our hockey bags laying all over the place and such. It's not like we're pigs or hoarders, we're actually quite neat. But it's been long busy hardworking days, so bare with us.

We all did our thing for the rest of the night and then headed to bed.