Partie douze

Danika's POV

Here comes Team USA lead by Coach Bombay! Team USA marked two victories so far. Team USA hasn't lost a game yet! Will they be able to outwit Canada's tough plays? And here comes Team Canada, making the crowd go wild! Coach Mercier has lead his team to two consecutive wins. Man, this is going to be a tough game. Two of our strongest teams will battle it out head to head, sending the loser one loss away from elimination.

On the ice, we stood in a line side by side on our side of the rink. With our helmets off and our hockey sticks by our sides as they played both the American and Canadian anthem. Coach Mercier and Miss Brantford were at the end of the line by our goalies. I was next to Thomas and Liam, instead of Toria and Shelby. They were moving shoving one another a little bit and you could then tell that they were nervous and anxious about the game. As they shoved one another, I was in the middle being shoved from side to side.

Next to Thomas was Cameron, who had nudge Thomas' side and he had quited down, along with Liam. Team USA was in front of us with their back towards us since we were all facing the flags that were hung in the arena. You had all the flags in here on the wall for all the team competing. Once the anthems were over, we skated off to our side of the rink and entered the box. I glared at some of Team USA's players, as did they to Canada, and entered after Bryce.

Standing with the others in our group circle, I heard Shelby, Finn, and Ry laughing. Coach Mercier had grabbed his clipbaord and looked at it while the rest of us were talking. He chose to put Liam, Ry, Thomas, Daniel, and Luke on the ice first. We did our cheer all together and they jumped the boards. "Go get 'em!" Coach yelled, hitting the top of the boards with his hands as he cheered them on. The rest of us ahd hit our sticks against the inside of the boards.

Toria, Shelby, and I sat on the front bench alongside Cameron and Oliver. Jayden was out on the ice at his position in front of the goal. Kyler sat by Miss Brantford and Coach Mercier who stood at the far side of the glass that connected to the USA's bench.

Starting face off for Team Canada is Liam Callaway and for Team USA it's Jesse Hall.

I scoffed at the mention of his name as I shook my head. The puck drops and Jesse Hall for Team USA had won the puck. Liam quickly went head to head with him for the puck, but he passed it on to number 18, a brunette girl. She skated alongside the boards with the puck. Ry shoved her into the glass and she got knocked down. The boys on the bench were laughing and so was Toria.

Ry passed it out to Thomas who skated on the right side. He pulled up to the blue line, passing it back to Daniel. "Over here!" Luke called. From Daniel to Luke, he quickly took a shot from the blue line and a save from their goalie, glove side.

"It's all right boys! Shake it off!" We cheered.

"Get it next time!" Coach Mercier called.

Glaring down towards USA's bench, I caught a couple of their players dazing off into the crowd. One of them had noticed me and I quickly pulled back, and looked ahead to my teammates on the ice.

Ken Wu has the puck after Hall's amazing win. Wu to Robertson. Robertson stick handles, showing off his incredible skills. And he lost the puck to Hayes who knocked him right down to the ground. Hayes at center, he tips it over to Williams. Williams heads down the ice, he's on a breakaway! Oh! He's shoved to the ground by Averman. Averman and Russell are head to head in the corner behind Canada's net.

"We're not going easy on them," I told them Shelby and Toria. They nod and look up at the time.

By the end of the second period the score was 2-2. It was a tight game, third period came along and Coach wanted stronger players out on the ice. He put Toria, Shelby, Oliver, Alex, and I. Skating up to face off, the red headed boy with glasses had taken face off. The two boys on either side, in which we knew all too well. We've seen them with Jesse often. The boy with the piercing blue eyes was in front of Toria while the brunette with layered hair was in front of Shelby.

Luke and Daniel don't speak french, but Oliver knows it enough and Alex is pretty good. So we're good. "J'pass la rondelle à une des gars!" I called out. I quickly caught Toria and Shelby's nod.

The puck drops and I smirk. Within seconds the boy was thrown to the ground and I passed the puck between my feet to Oliver. He didn't hesitate, and nor did the rest of us. We skated up to where we needed to be. Alex was knocked to the ground by one of USA's crazy defense. Shelby got knocked down by the other and they were laughing and causing the crowd to get rowdy.

My, my, I've never seen the crowd so alive! Team USA's Bash Brothers Dean Portman and Fulton Reed are killing it out there. Canada hasn't given up, after their first line had gotten a break. It seems to me that they're playing fiercer than ever. Oh, Banks come in high with a huge hit from Hoffman, sending him to the ground. He lost the puck to Canadian Winger Victoria Hoffman, she passes it to Morin, their speedster.

Morin's on a breakway! Can USA's speedster Luis Mendoza catch her before they take the lead!? Coming in close at the blue line,t here's a fight! Oh man, I gotta see that!... Morin falls, and slides into the goal post with Mendoza. And she scores! Canada's in the lead!

I skated over to Shelby, giving her my hand and Toria skated over as the time stopped. We all skated to the blue line on USA's side as we watched the defensive players all go at each others' throats. It started when Oliver had gotten shoved to the ground by number 21 which is Portman. And he came back throwing a punch which got the other two defense in the game.

"That's it!" I called. Skating over to them, I cross-check number 44 from behind and he goes down. 21 stopped and looked at his teammate, but then got punched in the face by Oliver and they were both on the ground. The two Americans didn't stopand kept going, and because they did. It got all the players on the ice into one huge fight. Toria was more so talking to the red headed kid rather than fighting. Shelby had shoved number 96 to the ground and those two were at one another's throats.

"Come on guys! Break it up!" Coach yelled from the bench.

The opposing coach yelled over top. "Charlie, get out of there and get the boys!"

I looked over at 96, who I assumed was Charlie, and had gotten punched in the shoulder. I went to the ground. 96 had stopped shoving Shelby and skated off, pulling a couple of his buds away as two refs pulled the defense apart. They were still fighting while all the forwards had headed to their benches.

Oliver had completely flipped out and was still going full force. He was yelling at the player and then at the ref and we all knew he had gotten himself kicked out. Coach bowed his head in frustration as he placed his hand on his forehead. It was hard seeing such great teams now fighting against one another. I didn't think I'd seat it, but we did and it does suck, to be honest.

Number 47, Oliver Jones from Team Canada is out of the competition. The Bash Brothers from team USA and Alexander Myers from Canada got five minutes in the box.

We skated to Coach who called a time out. We have ten minutes left. USA is playing with four players while we've got five players. ( I don't play or watch hockey, so bare with me on penalties and rules of the games.) Coach decided to keep his first line and enter Daniel and Luke as our defense. Technically they were the only two able to play for defense because one was out of the game and the fourth was in the box, hollering at Team USA's players.

I know everyone had fought, but we didn't get a penalty and I guess it's because we didn't start it. We did stop, but had gotten warned that if it happens next time, they're adding more players out from both teams. It was frustrating now seeing that we were down a player from defense. USA wasn't giving up and seeing that we have a player out, they may take that to their advantage. We're one point ahead and if we can keep the score the same and prevent USA from scoring, then we win. It'll be extremely hard.

The five of us skated to our respected positions as did USA. "Good luck," I heard. Looking up as I shook my head, fixing my helmet, I see that boy with the blue eyes.

"Uh, yeah, you too," I replied quickly, looking away as I rolled my eyes. When the puck dropped, I lost it and he didn't even touch me. He didn't throw me to the ground or anything, he simply got the puck out and passed it to the player to his right. What happened? Why didn't he push me? Maybe he was afraid, yeah, that's it. He's afraid.