Partie dix-sept

Victoria's POV

I headed up the street back to the dorm building from the fast food restaurant. It was peaceful outside and kinda lonely. It's my own fault for leaving at ten at night to go buy junk food. My friends were tired from all the work and they weren't in the mood for fast food. Besides, Shelby's asleep because that's her routine. She heads to bed early and gets up early. Whereas I am the opposite. Danika's in the middle kind of. She's an in between, I guess. 

Entering the dorm building, I ran into two familiar faces. I happened to spill my tacos all over them, myself, and the floor. It wasn't the most pleasant feeling because now I have to go get more and I must apologise for running into them. It wasn't so bad that it was Team USA. 

I talked with Danika and Shelby, we had all agreed on being on nicer towards them. Why not be nice? We might have to face off in the end against one another again. We can't play with hate. I know that our game against them will real hard and if we loose again against them, then I don't know what will happen. It's bad enough they won once, and I can't say we're bad and they're good. It's the way it happened, maybe if there was no fight and we didn't loose a player, than maybe we could've won. Who knows. I just know that we might as well be nice, there's only three teams left in the competition. Russia, USA, and us. USA's already got the guaranteed spot in the finals, whereas we have to battle Russia for that second spot.

I sighed, knowing my food was totaled and that I now had to go back and get more. Noticing the blond, he stood up before I could do something. They cleaned off their shirts from my mess and smiled sheepishly. "Nice seeing you too, Canada," The blond comments.

I nod towards them with a half grin, my arms folded across my chest. "Eh Blondie, I have a name, ya know?"

"What's this lovely name of yours called? Danika LeSage?" The brunette asked. His hair was almost black, but seemed brown. He had semi curly hair, brown eyes, and he was that speedster from their team. I saw him after Shelby, he can't stop at all. It's funny mind you.

"No," I replied, picking up the once full tray of tacos. My poor tacos! And threw the tray into the garbage. "the name's Victoria Hoffman. And you guys are?"

"Guy Germaine," The blond spoke.

I nod, and turn my head to the other, who didn't move. He was wiping the sour cream off his shirt that was also once on my taco. Guy Germaine had nudged the brunette's side, making him look up. "U-uh, Luis Mendoza," He stuttered with a shy smile.

"It's nice to officially meet you too,"

"You too," Germaine replied.

Mendoza spoke up. "You guys-girls. I mean girls. You girls play great... Hockey, I mean,"

I nod, wanting to laugh, but didn't. He was cute, definitely was. I smiled. I realised then when I looked at him and saw the contents of my tacos, that I needed to get out of here and grab some more before the store closes for the night. Swaying back forth on my heels and toes, I tried thinking of a way to nicely say that I needed to skedaddle. "Um, I got to go,"

"Where ya headed to at this time of night?" Guy Germaine asked.

"Well, my tacos are trashed. Sorry for spilling them on you guys,"

"No big deal. They're just clothes,"

"I'm up for tacos," Luis said out of the blue.

"I'll come too... That is if you don't mind," Guy added.

Well, I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they joined me. It could be less boring than walking there and back by myself. It always is boring walking alone, haven't you noticed that? I certainly have, it's exhausting and boring. I decided that it'd be all right if they came along. I could get to know them better and they could get to know me as well. In the long run, it isn't that bad that we're befriending. I just don't know what my teammates would think. 

"Sure, why not?" I spoke, turning on my heel as I headed out of the dorm building.

"So, where you from, Canada?" Germaine asked.

Canada. Gee, I told them what my name was and they still refer to me as Canada. It's like calling them America one and two. "Canada," I replied sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes. "No, I mean, what town? Province? Territory?"

"Calgary, Alberta," Reaching the fast food restaurant, which wasn't that far from the dorm building. " Come on Miami and Minneapolis," 

When I entered and realised that they weren't there. I stopped and turned, seeing them with their mouths agape. I pondered on what their problem was. "How'd you know where we were from?" Miami asked.

I smirked. "Research. It still exists, ya know?" They chuckle and follow me inside. 

We decided on sitting at some booth and eating there. They sat on one side next to one another while I sat in front of them, alone. I had bought three tacos while Miami bought nachos and Minneapolis hadn't bought anything because he claims that it's too late to eat. It's only hitting ten thirty at night. I don't see why he couldn't of bought something. 

I was quiet, because I was more focused on my tacos than their talking. Once they called my name, and my real name, I answered them by looking up at them, wondering what they wanted. "You and your two friends are a great power line,"

I laugh and look around, seeing that no one else was here. "What're you trying to get at? I still find it quite odd that two Americans and a Canadian are eating out at some fast food restaurant,"

Miami shrugged his shoulders. "Better than being alone?" He questioned, not knowing what to say.

"Yeah, Luis is right. Better to dine with others than alone. I'd say friends, but last week our teams were no where near that,"

"And we still aren't," I quickly spoke.

"What do you mean? I thought our teams were doing great," Germaine adds.

I shook my head and laughed. They're funny, they really are. "Just because you think that you two and I are cool, doesn't mean our teams are. I'm willing to put an effort to be kind and be friends with you guys, but I doubt my team would," I retort.

"Good to know," Miami says, sighing as he threw his cheese covered chip back on to the tray and leaned back in his seat. 

"I didn't mean it as a bad thing, Miami. I got to go," I told them. Getting up, I grab my drink and wave them goodbye. Minneapolis just sat there as if everything was chill was Miami didn't seem too pleased with the whole teams not okay ordeal.

I exited the shop and headed back to the dorm building. Maybe it wasn't the best idea I had. In the end, it somewhat turned out okay. It wasn't perfect, but nor was it terrible. It was decent, and I did get to know two kids a little better than before. The night wasn't totaled like I thought it would, I just knew now that I had another story to add to my list.