Partie six

Danika's POV

We had won our game against Italy, 14-0. There was a lot of back and forth kinda playing. The puck would be with one team and then would get intercepted by the other, and it was fighting back and forth for the puck. No one went to the box, we all played fair and together. Luke and Daniel surprised everyone and didn't fight. Maybe it was the first day jitters?

The noise level in this locker room was intense. And boy was I glad that Miss Brantford wasn't in here, she probably would've yelled at us to lower it down. She's nice in general. She isn't too strict or mean, she's usually quiet around us but will add an input if necessary. Honestly, she's practically like the mother of this entire team. When Coach isn't here, she's the one keeping everyone together and making sure the rules are clear.

Shelby, Toria, and I left the locker room together after we had gotten out of our gear.  It was around two now. We had the rest of the afternoon to do what ever we wanted. So, we decided to go walk the streets of town. We had to make sure that we had US money before we came here, and we have it.

"That game was pretty easy, don't you think?" Toria asked. I nodded.

Shelby shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah, but we gotta save it for Team USA,"

"True, we can't let them think they're better than we are," I added.

"We are better," I hearkened, the three of us stopped as we were walking down the street. I noticed Team USA there once again, except there was fewer than last time. How many times are we going to run into these people?!

But then again it's hard not to when we're all here at this tourney. We're all lodging in the same building, we all play here and soon will play one another. And when we do, they'll be sorry for even messing with us. Toria crossed her arms. "Oh yeah?"

"Jesse, I think you should let them be," A dirty blond haired boy said. He had flat hair, and piercing blue eyes. He was one of the taller boys, he was certainly taller than the boy who talked shit about us. He looked perfect, like really perfect.

"Shut up, Cake-Eater," Jesse spat, pushing his player back. Team USA seemed to be the team that was all high and mighty, so powerful and didn't fight amongst one another. But I guess I'm wrong.

"Come on, Jesse, don't bother," Another boy said, he was one of the brunettes we saw earlier this afternoon. He had curlier hair, though, it wasn't as curly as the red head's on their team.  More so looked layered.

"We're sorry," A blond headed boy said. He had longer hair than the first three boys. But somehow he made that look work.

I mouthed a 'thanks' and the three of us kept going. Okay, so maybe those three weren't so bad, but their potty mouth annoyed me. I wondered if he was a center or not, if he is, I'll deal with him on the ice. For now, we can just ignore them. I liked the other guys just fine, they didn't seem too mean.

But I mean, did you see that first semi blond brunette with the eyes? The blue eyes? I didn't know his name, but he, he was cute. Sure they all were, but he had caught my eyes. Just like last time. But he was a distraction. If Shelby or Toria said anything, they'd just criticize me for it, but oh well. I'd judge them back too. I saw them looking, I'm not stupid.

"They're idiots, well at least that Jesse one is," Shelby said, who had broke me from my thoughts.

Toria nodded, "Indeed,"

We walked down the street until we got to some shoe store. And I don't mean fancy fancy shoes, I mean skater shoes; flats or high tops. Or even boots. We had kinda each went our ways in the store and looked at different brands and things. Some got help and others just went out and about. 

We all have many different pairs of shoes, but you can never have enough of those. Shelby has many pairs of shoes, and then Toria usually has to colour match. Her shoes gotta match her attire of the day. And right now, the three of us were wearing our Team Canada track suits.

It was either long sleeve, tee-shirt, tank top or muscle top for a shirt. We had the jacket or hoodie. And then pants, or baggy shorts. We even had ball caps. We're all wearing the pants, and Toria's wearing a tee-shirt, I'm wearing a tank top, and Shelby's wearing a long sleeved with the jacket. We all got our jackets, it's not that it's cold out, I just would prefer wearing the jacket.

After finding a pair of flat skater shoes that were Adidas that caught my eye. I had someone help me to get the proper size. By the time I had finished, Shelby was still standing in front of the racks of displayed shoes. "Picked something?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Nope, I can't figure out which one I want. There's too many," She hummed. Gazing around, I noticed that Toria was trying on jackets, and hats and hoodies and what not. She had a pair of shoes on her feet that didn't belong to her. So I decided to go and see what she was doing.

"Does this match?" She asked before I even approached her. I nodded. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I wanna know if this jacket matches these shoes and jeans,"

"Basically anything can go with jeans, it's jeans,"

"Captain obvious,"

I heard someone chuckle. It was Shelby. "She does this a lot, it gets annoying,"

"Well, does it?" Toria asked.

"Yes, what else do you not get?"

"It matches," I added. "Come on, we got other places to go," Shelby nodded. We hadn't even hit the jack pot of stores yet, or the food courts that Toria was dying to get to. She'll do anything to get a burger, and I mean a huge burger. Here we go, on our search for the perfect Beefy.

Beefy is her cow. She likes burgers a lot, and I mean it. 

After that, we had carried along. Shelby ended up not getting anything  because she was indecisive, and Toria had gotten the jacket and shoes. Still wondering if they matched or not, but got them anyways. We were now on our way to a food court. Games burn up a lot of energy.

The three of us are going to playing a lot. We're the first line, so generally we're the starting line up but also play a little more than the others. Which is fine with me. I should've gotten a soccer ball, we could've played if we wanted to. 

I know what would be really fun, but we'd probably get in trouble for. Skating around the dorm buidling with roller skates while playing hockey. I'm sure if we broke something or hit someone, then we'd be in trouble. but I wonder what would happen if we be careful? It's an amazing idea that does seem exciting to do.

Arriving at the food court, there was so much to choose from. It'll be hard for Shelby to decided and Toria might as well spend all her dough here. It's like heaven here for her. 

The rest of the day we did more shopping, talked a lot about the stupidest things and just reminded one another about past events.