Partie deux

Victoria's POV

I stood up, almost hitting my head on the overhead bins of the plane as I was shuffling into the seat. Danika behind me, had her Walkman in her pocket, and was jammin' out to her music. I caught Shelby roll her eyes playfully. Taking my seat, I had suddenly been crushed by bags as they tossed their bags to me until they were seated.

I had packed all my gear in one bag, clothes in another bag, and then had back pack as my travel bag. The other two have three bags as well. Ya gotta have travel bags. How else do you bring food when you travel? Pockets! Please, my food wouldn't fit in my pockets. And, half my food is in Danika and Shelby's bags.

The girls took their bags and had set them on the ground under the seats in front of them. I sighed and looked around, wondering how long this flight was gonna be. Why? I was gonna crash and burn, while the other two were surely gonna talk or watch movies, or do something other than sleep. Though, Danika might sleep.

"I got a new disc for my Walkman." Shelby said, tapping Danika's shoulder. She got comfortable in her seat and nodded.

"I brought a couple." We both knew that Danika liked country music. She listens to different styles, but I'd say country or even rap, is her go to music.

You know, if you've questioned where we lived, then I'll tell ya. We all reside in Calgary, Alberta. Shelby lives in Bridgeland, Danika lives in Eau Claire, and I live in Montgomery. And so you know, we all live in Calgary, just in smaller different parts. We're all french too, which is awesome because we can speak either french or english. We can speak to two groups of people no problem; France and America. Well, France has a little bit different accent of french and they usually speak faster, unless that's Québec.

The plane had taken off, and people talked. Some had kids, which annoyed the living hell out of me, and the other two, but we accepted it. Danika had brought her poppy camera and we occasionally took pictures, and we also always retold memories that made us laugh and cry from laughing so dang hard.

Ladies came up and down the aisle later on with refreshments. I was dying to get some, I loved the small cookie bars that they gave out. But I always had food with me, and my moonshine and vodka. If you were my true friends, you'd know what those are. But since ya don't, I'll tell ya. Moonshine is my Iced Tea and Vodka is my water. Simple things, just don't get caught saying them at school.

When the lady stopped at our row, she helped the people next to us and I grumbled, slouching in my seat. My chocolate saying would be perfect for a time like this. I waited, and waited, and waited, and finally, my dream came true. She turned to us. I leaned over, pushing Danika and covered her mouth, speaking up. "I'll take some cookies, pretzels, peanuts, oh and water, please." I had the urge to say vodka so bad, but didn't.

Danika chuckles, after she had thrown my hand off her mouth and pushed me against the window. Shelby didn't take anything, allergies. "Who wants to watch E.T with me?" She asked.

"No!" I called out, I didn't really like that movie at all. It didn't interest me too much, but Back To The Future was a classic, and one of my faves.

"No thanks." Danika added, though, she will watch it, but I don't think she's ever seen the entire film. But honestly, Shelby loves that movie a lot, and other eighties classics.

The woman left and the three of us were left alone. We had an evening flight, so most people were gonna be headed to bed soon. Shelby pulled her headphones on and continued watching E.T, Danika and I did our own thing, talking to one another every now and then. Shelby was too into her movie to even bother to join in.

Honestly, with hockey, it was a passion. But I liked other sports too, but hockey was my go to thing, much like Danika and Shelby. Shelby plays basketball and Danika plays soccer, we each have our own sport that we do. Like I have volleyball, and will play the other sports, but I think volleyball attracts me more.

On our hockey team, back home, of course, I'm first line with Shelby and Danika. Danika plays center, while Shelby plays left and I play right. Her and I could be defense, but we work better with Danika and together. It just so happened to be the perfect mix for a line. And we're a hell of a lot good, hence the reasn we're first line, duh!

After awhile, I grew tired and fell asleep, against the window or something. We all were quiet, but others weren't. And I can see why we all had our headphones on. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke when someone was tapping my shoulder, and had taken my headphones off, calling my name. I opened my eyes to see Danika there, and Shelby was standing up, pulling her bag on her shoulder. "Let's go." She said.

"You almost choked yourself." Shelby laughed, I got up and reached across, hitting her arm and she continued to laugh and walked down the aisle. I quickly picked up my stuff, rubbed my eyes, and followed Danika down the aisle.

People shoved you a lot and they, just as I, were begging to get off this cramped, over booked plane. I about stopped and wanted to yell at someone, but I knew this airline may not welcome me after an event like that, if I were to do so. Which I didn't, I continued walking and we made it out alive. 

I stretched after a while of being on the plane, as did the others, and we walked towards baggage claim. We still needed to find who ever was taking us to the dorm building, where all teams were going to be residing until the tourney is over or they're out. Seeing as we're getting closer and closer, this experience is going to be a once in a lifetime kinda event.

After we grabbed our bags, we looked around for the person who is suppose to bring us to the dorm building. "There," Shelby pointed, we looked in her direction, seeing a blank sign that said Team Canada.

We trotted on over and when we got there, there was already three other kids. They were boys, and we knew that the team was going to be a mixed one. Upon arriving in front of them, the three boys had flashed us grins, and we all responded with waves or a grin. The man standing there wasn't familiar, and he looked at some clip board as I had decided to get to know our new teammates. "I'm Victoria Hoffman," I said proudly.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Finnlay James," The first boy, who had blond hair, spoke.

The boy next to him was a little shorter, but about the same height as Danika and even Shelby. "I'm Alexander Myers," We nodded and then Danika spoke up.

"Danika LeSage,"

"Shelby Morin,"

"Bryce LaFoy," The last boy inquired.

Us and the boys were gonna talk, when we all got cut off by the unknown man. "Well, since we're naming names, I'm Mr. Blakewood, now, let's go,"

I wondered why it was just the five of us. We were in LA right now, but I gotta remember that not all people from Canada are from the same places. We're from all around Canada, which means flights could be arriving at anytime. The six of us followed the man outside, our bags on our shoulders or suitcases trailing behind us.

I was dead tired, so once we got in the huge van that could carry about fifteen people, I crashed while the other two got to know our teammates better. I knew that we'd probably be asleep no problem once we got to the dorm building. But imagine once we get there, it may be packed from teams arriving from all over the place and wanting some shut eye.