Partie dix-huit

Danika's POV

Winning our game against Russia was the most wonderful thing that could've happened to us. I was ecstatic because now we're off to the final round. Which means we're up against USA and people expect another big game. I am nervous about this game because last time they showed us up. This time, it has to be the other way 'round.

I was currently watching a hockey game in one of the arenas because no one else was here. We have a game in a couple days time, but for now it's being rented out to other teams. This was a Pee Wee hockey team that was playing, they were definitely smaller and not professional. I'd say they're cute, but they're ten and eleven year old monsters. They also know how to decently play, except this tiny kid on one of the teams. He was a little less speedy, and skilled. But boy was that one cute.

Toria was explaining that we must watch where we're going when we walk because she said she wasted ten bucks on tacos that got spilt on people and the floor. I simply laughed, knowing she paid about twenty bucks for tacos. The worst part is that she left at like ten at night. It's funny because that's something she would do. I smiled remembering when she explained this to Shelby and I yesterday morning.

With the hockey game coming up, we have some tight schedules with practice and then work outs. Coach wants us all ready for this game. He said that anything could happen and we need to be ready. He wants us to memorize their gimmicks and make sure we take them down when it comes time to do so. I am just out of this world excited. I'm beyond happy, and so is my team. We had won our game against Russia earlier today and we're all going out to celebrate tonight. The boys wanted to go to a roller rink, like the disco ones.

I have a flood of emotions that I can't explain. They're not bad, they're actually quite far from that. I'm really really happy about going to the finals. It's a feeling that doesn't come around often. It's an amazing feeling and I can't be any happier.

Getting out of my thoughts, I saw a couple kids enter the arena. They were fooling around, laughing, and talking excessively. I had brought my feet up on the bench in front of me and set my elbow on my knee, leaning my head in my hand as I watched the game.

Within seconds, those boys had quieted down so I could watch the game in peace. I didn't see their faces too well because I was too caught up in the game and their annoying mouths that wouldn't stop running. I couldn't watch a simple hockey game without those boys talking. They couldn't shut up.

I had gotten out of my thoughts when I noticed someone standing on the steps next to the row of benches. Looking up, I see the blue eyed boy, Adam Banks. "You're not with your crazy friends?" He asked.

I shook my head. I found it funny how he called them crazy. That's definitely one word to call them. In a nice way, though. We always joke around, no matter what we say, so we're cool either way. He was just standing there, so I didn't know what to do. I kinda just said the first thing I could think of. "Did you want to watch?" I asked.

Realising what I had just said, I wanted to mentally slap myself for what I said. He took a seat next to me. I noticed that his arm was in a sling, like it was broke or something. "Um, what happened?" I asked curiously.

"Iceland game. I scored a goal and this happened," He chuckled, showing me his wrist. It seemed pretty bad and looked like it was painful. But he showed no sign of it.

I had realised that the kids further down by the boards watching the game were a couple of his teammates. I didn't know why he had wandered over here. "So, big game coming up,"

I nod. "Yeah..." I trailed off. " I assume you're not playing?"

He sadly sighs. "Wish I could. My coach benched me. He doesn't want me to screw up my wrist for good. It sucks, all the scouts are here. I could've gotten scouted out,"

I pondered on what to tell him. It was definitely weird having him sit next to me because we're on different teams. Things weren't so swell awhile ago and now I'm having a decent conversation with the blue eyed demon boy that I had laid eyes on. I couldn't tell him that, it's odd and weird.

"Being scouted out could've been real cool.... Did he tell you that you were young and still have plenty of shots?" I asked, looking at the face off that was about to happen between the two little boys.

"He did, actually. I just wished that this hadn't of happened. It sucks being injured. I could miss another championship game,"

"What do you mean?" I inquired.

He was kind of quiet for a little while. He went to speak up when his friends came running up the steps. One of them fell on a step and hit the bench. I laughed and covered my mouth, looking away. His friends were quite the gang. They seemed to be quite riled up about something. Out of all people, their Potty Mouth leader seemed to be there as well, and I kept my gaze else where, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, what's she doin' here?" He asked.

"Calm down, Jesse," Adam spoke, standing up to face his friend. I turned and looked at their exchange. "I joined her,"

"Talking with the enemy,"

I stood up quickly. "Enemy? You think we're the enemy? I'm trying to be nice here, you're the one who's the enemy," I snapped.

"Oh, the Jess-Meister," The red headed spoke out, in a voice that annoyed me. He spoke like some sports announcer.

I crossed my arms, shifting my weight on to one side. "Howdy," The cowboy asked, tipping his hat.

I nod towards him. "I better be going,"

"Come on, it's fine. Ain't it, Jesse?" Adam asked his pal.

"It's all right. Your captain doesn't want me here. It's all right. I got places to be later anyways... I'll see you at the game,"

"Good luck, you'll need it," Their Potty Mouth leader spoke, waving me off with the cockiest grin ever. Pissing off his friend, Adam, he had earned a slap. I ran down the steps and out of the arena, heading out to the dorms.

Arriving at my dorm, I see Shelby sitting on the computer. Rolling my eyes, I got up behind her and clutch her shoulders, scaring her. She about fell off the chair, screaming. I laughed and hit the floor, dying of laughter. "That was not funny,"

"What wasn't funny?" I heard Toria ask, walking out of the washroom as she was brushing her teeth.

"I scared her," I replied, getting off the floor and taking a seat on the bed closest to the computer, which was Toria's bottom bunk.

Toria gives a sophisticated nod and heads back in the washroom. "So, where've you been?"

"I was watching the hockey game. But then USA showed up,"

"Did you talk to the blue orbed kid?" She asked.

I nodded as she spun around in her seat. "Remember, we can't be too soft towards them,"

"Shut up," I replied, hitting her shoulder playfully. She gasps with wide eyes, fooling around with me.

I shook my head smiling. There's no way we're playing nice at our game. We need to show the world what we're really made of. We're going to play right and with all of our teammates this time. We're going to work together and here on out, we're going to train and work hard. I have faith in this team, I really do.