Chapter 4: Seeking the Truth or at least some part of it.

We were all siting in the room on at least on of the couches. I was sitting next to Issei, Koneko with Kiba, and Rias with Akeno. They were all having tea, I wasn't a tea man myself, so I took out a TaP soda out of my inventory.

Everyone seemed surprised while I just ignored them and opened the can and took a sip. After they shook it off Gremory began to speak.

"I'm sure you've guessed that, Yūma Amano isn't human. You saw her wings correct." She asked Issei who seemed reluctant to answer but nodded anyways.

"That's a fallen angel. They were formerly angels who had severed God, but have fallen to hell due to them having evil intentions. They are also the enemy of us Devils." She said.

"Even though you both live in hell?" I asked raising a brow acting all curious and she nodded.

"Yes. We the Devils have been at war with the fallen angel since ancient times over the possession of the underworld, which is also known as hell in the human world." She stated.

'Jesus, why can't you guys just share the damn place.' I felt a slight tickle in my head as I thought that, but I shrugged it off.

"The Underworld is split into to 2 areas, one for Devils and the other for the fallen angels."

'Why can't you guys have a neighborhood pool party or something and just get along.' I thought thinking how stupid they all are. Fighting over something that they can just share, I thought you guys were better than humans.

"The Devils form pacts with humans and receive their sacrifices and increase their strength. The fallen angels however control humans to eliminate the Devils."

'Either way the humans are fucked if they get involved with the supernatural.' I pity those who have already fallen victim. Never mind the fact that I'm also one of the victims.

"At this point the angels come in to destroy the two races on the Biblical God's orders, which creates the three forces. This has been going on since ancient times." She finished.

'Why do they have to fight? This just plain racism and I thought humans only did that." I thought while taking another sip of my TaP soda.

"Wait, what has that got to do with me being killed?" Issei asked confused. I understand why he's eager to find out why he was specifically targeted and killed.

"The reason you were were killed is because you were a human who possessed a very powerful Sacred Gear." She said answering his question. "On that day you went on a date with her, you both went to the park and was killed by a light spear."

I looked at Issei having an expression telling me he remembers all of it.

"Okay but what is a Sacred Gear anyways?" I asked and kiba answered.

"Sacred Gear is an irregular that can only be bestowed to certain humans. For example, most of the people who's name are recorded in history are said to be possessors of a Sacred Gear. They used the power of the Sacred Gear record their name in history"

'Attention whores'

Akeno nodded before continuing "Presently, there are people possess Sacred Gears inside their bodies. You know most people who play important role in the world? Most of them possess a Sacred Gear."

'No wonder politicians are so good at getting what they want.'

"Alright I get it. Now I have a question." I said getting everyone's attention. "How did I of all people became a devil."

This has been bugging me since I first got here. First my face and body was different, but I still looked like me only handsomer. Second wouldn't I be human at first and not a devil? I just rolled with it up until now. I was curious, I had a theory but...