Chapter 23: Facing Calamity Itself

(LUCIS POV)

"What?" Sona asked in disbelief as she sat in her chair in front of her desk, the rest of the student council overheard and were equally as shocked.

"I said, I want to drop out of school." I repeated as if the first time I said it wasn't clear enough. This time I got a reaction as Sona suddenly stood up from her seat while she slammed her hands on her desk.

"Why? Why would you want to drop out?" She asked almost desperately for an answer. "It's quite simple, Kaichou." I began as I took a moment to collect my thoughts. "First of all, I never actually wanted to come to school. Second, I'm no longer Gremory's pawn, if you've heard the news already which I'm sure you did. And lastly I'm quite busy right now even though I don't look like it, so I need to drop out of school." I finished as I got a look of bewilderment from sona.

She has no say in this but she can try and persuade me to think about it. "This is my decision and please respect it... Sona." I finished as I gave her my non stoic but genuine smile. With me being free it feels like a huge weight has been lifted of my shoulders.

Sona was about to say something but ultimately agreed to my decision. She brought out a drop out slip and handed it to me. "Thank you, Sona." I grabbed the slip but Sona still held it tightly.

"Can you... can you at least tell me why?" For some reason when someone asks me that question I fell like something is standing me from the inside. "I'm afraid that it's non of your business." I said as I yank the slip of her hands and walked out of the SC and headed my way to the faculty.

-after a little while-

I'm officially not a student of Kuoh academy anymore, I was told I can keep the uniform as a souvenir even though I have no memory of buying it. He bought it, I gestured to the body I'm possessing. I'll keep it, out of respect for this guy.

I was making my way to the school gate when I saw the ORC standing near it. I let out an audible sigh and continued walking, I was about to walk pass them when Gremory tried to block my path. Key word: tried. I simply pushed her out of the way, I guess I added to much force on it as she fell butt first on the ground.

"Kyaa!" She screamed as she fell. The others hurried to her side as I just continued walking. I could tell that they were still staring at me. For some reason their stares hurt, but I just shook of the feeling.

"Lucis!" I stop at my tracks and turn to see Issei call out to me. He didn't look mad or angry. He only looked sad, the same can be said with the others now that I looked at them.

I turn back and ignored him. I used my speed to instantly get away, for some reason seeing all of them like that stung like a needle to the heart. Could I really be sad? I need to meditate to get rid of these feelings, they'll hinder when the time comes.

After continuous running I finally made it back to my house. I opened the door and I was immediately greeted by a fist to the face. The impact sent me flying back outside, crashing on a near by wall of the residential area.

I got of the wall and got my bearings again, then faced my attacker. I was bleeding, even though I'm at full power, meaning theres only one person who can do that to me.

As I looked inside my home I saw an unconscious Altera lying on the floor, that got me mad, and I mean really mad.

"Hahahahaha... Don't worry, I didn't hurt her. I only used a sleep skill on her. I may be crazy but I'm not that crazy you know. My only target is you." I heard a calm yet arrogant voice inside my home, the source of the voice slowly came out my front door.

I saw I young man right around my height, he has short black hair and glowing yellow eyes. His most noticeable features are his red veins encasing his entire body, pulsating and glowing an eery color red. He was wearing my Izanagi outfit with the color rather being black it was red, resembling more of magatsu Izanagi.