Chapter 16: An Pleasant Day Along With An Unpleasant Encounter

Today I woke up in the morning with nothing unusual happening. I got out out of my bed and went to check on my new Familiar. I went outside my room and from there, to her room.

*Knock* *Knock*

I knock on the door before opening it, and there I saw a sleeping Altera. "Altera. Wake up, we're going out today." I said as I gently shook her, seeing that it's a Sunday, it's the perfect time for getting all our shopping done and over with. "Hai Master~. I'll be up in a minute~." She said clear as day that she's still drowsy, she got up and rubbed her eyes.

"I see. I'll be down stairs making breakfast." I said as I left to head to the kitchen.

~Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Lucis and Chibi Altera eating breakfast~

We were in the mall buying all of Altera's necessities, mainly clothes and underwear. There were times that I had to buy her some adorable stuff animals, because she liked it and wanted to put it in her room. She kept saying how cute they are, so I bought a considerable amount for her.

We were now in the accessories aisle because Altera wanted something 'cute' for her to wear. I spotted a plain black frilly scrunchy that would look good on her. "Hey, Altera. Here." I said as I handed her the scrunchy. She held it in her hand and just looked at it.

'Does she not like it? I'm not good when it comes to women's fashion.' I thought as she just kept staring at it. "I'm sorry. You don't like it do you?" I asked while rubbing the back of my head. She then looked at me and shook her head. "No Master, I was just surprised that's all." She then gave me a smile, reassuring me.

"Ok, then let get it." I said and she nodded as we headed to the counter, but before we could make our way there Altera tugged on my shirt. "Umm, master?" I turned and faced her. "What is it?" I asked. "Can I... can I look around some more." She asked slightly embarrassed.

"Of course, and if there's anything you like just bring it here and I'll buy it." She gleamed and ran around the store. I chuckled at her actions. 'How Cute.'

"Partner, is this a good time?" My faithful companion suddenly asked me in my head. "What wrong Val?" I asked mentally, cause I'd look crazy if I just spoke to no one right now. "I think I figured out what was causing your change." My eyes widen as he said that. "Really!? What it is? A parasite? A curse?" I asked knowing that I really wanted to get rid of it.

"Calm down partner, it not all of those." He said as I calmed down a little. "Ok, then what is it?" I asked in a slightly impatient tone. "It's your eyepatch, partner. I noticed that the evil presence within you disappeared when you removed your eyepatch during your fight with your familiar."

I was shocked, to think all my attitude changes came from... my eyepatch!? "But if I remove it now, everyone will know how strong I really am." I mentally spoke. "That won't be a problem. Why? Because I'm here!" I heard a familiarly annoying voice behind me. I turned and saw that I was right.

"Daniel. What are you doing here?" I asked with a disgusted look on my face, why? Cause he just read my mind, that's why. "Who's this partner?" Val asked in my head. "He's a self proclaimed God, I met him a few weeks ago." I replied answering his question.

I faced Daniel and saw that he gave me a smile. "I'm here to solve the dilemma that your in buddy." "Don't call me buddy." I retorted, he ignored me then he snapped his fingers and I received a pop up.

*ding*

"You have gained a new skil granted by: Daniel The Mysterious Being"

Limiter X (Active) lvl: 1/10  MP cost: 0 - A skill that was created by the awesome Daniel for the being know as Lucis, so that he could hide his power without attracting any attention... cause he's a pussy.