Chapter 10: Meeting a Fucked up Exorcist

"But wait a second." I heard Issei say. "What's wrong?" Gremory asked. "What am I?" Issei said pointing to himself. "What piece am I? I would just like to know where I would fit in. Am I like a Knight or something badass like that?"

I stayed quiet because I already know whit piece I have in me. I just had a tired neutral and uninterested face. "You're a Pawn." With that blunt answer Gremory started walking away to join the group.

"But I don't wanna be a pawn." Issei whined and Gremory turned back and gave Issei a soft smile which made him blush. "Well sorry, but that's what you and Ferron-kun are."

"Aww, but that blows. They're so lame..." Issei whined again. "Clearly you don't play chess Issei. Pawns are the weakest yet the strongest." I said. Apparently the others seemed to be surprised at my response.

"They may be mere foot soldiers, but they have the most potential too. A pawn can completely turn the game around by promoting themselves to a much better piece, like a queen." I explained as I look into Issei's eyes. He's starting slowly started getting it. "So as pawns, you and I have the most potential than others. Potential is what makes a pawn both powerful and unique. That's why I said they're the weakest yet the strongest."

Gremory seemed both relieved and happy at my explanation. "I couldn't have put it better myself Ferron-kun."

"I know you couldn't." I said as I began walking home. "And what was that suppose to mean? Ferron-kun? Ferron-kun!" I heard Gremory yelling in the distance.

~a few minutes later~

"You've coming home really late lately Lulu. Is it because of you're club activities?" Sakuya-san asked while I was eating dinner and she was just sitting beside me. "Yeah." I said while I continued eating.

I walking home when sakuya-san spotted me outside. She came out and after me in her pajamas asking me why I'm out so late. She then heard my stomach growling and pestered me to have dinner in her house. I tried to refuse but she was very insisting.

"Lulu are you alright?" Sakuya-san asked. "Hmm? Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a lot of thing on my mind." I said. And it's true I have a lot of things on my mind.

First Issei's training have been gaining smoothly he's already reached level 25. I've stopped lending him my exp boosting equipment and started telling him to try and use his Sacred Gear from now on.

Second Issei apparently had already made contact with Asia. And Gremory being Gremory told Issei to not get involve with her. He was obviously not having it.

Third the group that watched us eliminate the stray Devil haven't made their move yet. They're probably gonna have to soon.

And last but not not least, Daniel. For some reason thinking his name irritates me. He's an unknown, I can't make heads or tails out of him. I still got the pocket watch he gave me, but nothing happened to it yet. My instincts tells me I can trust him but I honestly can't tell for sure. Even just assessing him gives me a headache.

Yeah I had a lot on my mind, that's for sure.

"You know if there's something on your mind, you can always talk to me about it Lulu." I heard sakuya-san say bringing me back to reality. "You almost never come here anymore and I couldn't help but be worried." I see that Sakuya-san looked down. I've really been ignoring her huh? That's bad Lucis.

"I didn't realize you missed me that much sakuya-san." I said nonchalantly and she blushed. "I-I-I was just worried! Hmph!" She said and puffed her cheeks to the side.

I giggled at her reaction. "Don't worry sakuya-san, I'll make some time for you." She blushed a little harder when I said that. "Y-Y-You don't have to." "Your right I don't have too, but I want too." I said. "Baka." She aid looking down.