Chapter 3: The dark mark

Cassiopeia's POV
"Where are Harry, Ron, and Hermione?" I heard Ginny shout over the noise.

"I don't know, but they'll be fine they can look after themselves" I shouted back, trying to believe it myself.

I looked back to see if I could see the other three anywhere and the next thing I knew, my foot caught on something and I was on the ground. I felt a sharp pain on my face and reached up and felt my cheek. It was bleeding badly, but I'll take care of it later. I got up, Fred, George, and Ginny were gone.

I stood up trying to ignore the blood running down my cheek, and that I must have sprained my ankle since that had started to hurt when I stood up.

"Ouch" I muttered to myself as I tried to make my way to the woods through the screaming people. They were running in all directions, I couldn't see any other red heads anywhere.

"Fred? George? Ginny?" I shouted hopelessly. I started to feel nervous, what if the death eaters had got them, or they had gotten lost? I tried to shove those thoughts back but they kept coming and getting worse.

What if they were hurt?

"Harry? Ron? Hermione?" I called out for them as loud as I could.

I ran into the woods yelling everyone's names as loud as I could. I'm never going to find them I thought anxiously to my self.

"Freddie? George? Ginny?" I shouted again, no reply. I saw the small elf that had been sitting by us and run past me. It stopped shortly ahead of me, and seemed to be saying something.

I heard a mans voice say "Morsmordre" and green light washed over everything. I looked up, the dark mark had appeared in the sky.
I turned around and ran in a different direction, I didn't see who casted that mark but I didn't want to be seen under it. Ignoring the shooting pains in my ankle, and the blood that hasn't stopped dripping down my face I got as far as I could.

"Freddie? George? Ginny?" I shouted again, not expecting anyone to reply.

"Cassie?" I heard someone shout.

"Freddie?" I shouted back and started running in the direction it had come from.

"Cassie?" He shouted again, and I finally saw three people with red hair and freckles running towards me. I breathed a sigh of relief as I reached my best friends.

Fred ran to me and wrapped me in a tight hug. "Don't you ever disappear like that again Cas,
you bloody scared me" he whispered in my ear.

I felt my cheeks turn slightly pink as I whispered "I'm sorry Freddie, I looked back to see where the other three had gone and I tripped. When I got up you were all gone." I wasn't about to tell them what I'd just seen, not here anyways.

Fred let go of me and I went to give Ginny and George a hug. Limping slightly as the pain in my ankle sunk in. George ruffled my hair as I pulled away from him.

"We need to get back to the camp, the death eaters should be gone by now" George said.

We all nodded in agreement, Fred put his arm around my shoulder to help me walk. I smiled at him gratefully, he smiled back. His smile made me blush again slightly, and I reminded myself that this was definitely not the time to be focusing on how cute Fred was.