Chapter 22: Hogsmeade

Fred's POV
I walked down the secret passageway to Hogsmeade with Cassie and George. We were all joking around and laughing, everything was finally normal between me and Cassie. We reached the end of the passage and hurried out into the basement of Honeydukes.

"Ouch!" Cassie yelped as she hit her head as she climbed out.

"Are you okay?" George and I asked at the same time.

"Fantastic" she muttered.

The three of us snuck out of the basement and into the shop. Cassie disappeared to go buy some sugar quills, and George looked at me with a grin.

"What?" I asked him.

"It's just great that you and Cassie are getting along now" George said.

"Yeah it is" I said with a small smile.

"You can ask her out now too" he said with a smirk.

"I- what- I'm not asking her out!" I said quickly.

"Who's Freddie going to ask out?" Cassie asked, a curious expression on her face.

"Er... no one" I mumbled awkwardly.

"George, who's Fred going to be asking out?" Her voice sounded a bit more demanding now.

"Apparently he isn't going to be asking anyone out" George said. "Even if he should have done it a long time- ow! Fred!" He exclaimed as I elbowed him hard in the ribs.

I couldn't read the look on her face, she looked relieved, disappointed, and confused, all at the same time. George looked over at me, and shook his head, giving me a 'just ask her out look', I rolled my eyes.

Yeah, it's such a great idea asking her out until she says no.

"Well, anyone fancy a butterbeer?" Cassie asked, finally breaking the awkward silence. George and I nodded, and the three of us walked to the three broomsticks.

We walked down the deserted streets of Hogsmeade. It was kind of weird when it wasn't crowded, but since it wasn't a Hogsmeade weekend, not many people were there. We walked into the three broomsticks, and out of the icy air.

"Ah... you three trouble makers aren't supposed to be here" Madam Rosmerta said as we walked in.

"Well, Miss Lestrange here just tied for first place with Cedric and Harry in the triwizard tournament. Figured we needed to celebrate it" I said, grinning at a very embarrassed Cassie.

"Wow, really?" Madam Rosmerta asked.

"Yup. Dragged Fred out from the bottom of a lake and everything" George stated. Cassie was now staring down at her hands and bright red from the embarrassment.

"Way to go Cassiopeia" Madam Rosmerta said with a warm smile.

"Thank you" Cassie muttered quietly. "You two go find a table, It's my turn to get the butterbeer" she told us. George and I turned to go find a table.

Cassie returned a few minutes later, levitating three butterbeers behind her with her wand. She sat down before she flicked her wand, causing a  butterbeer to set itself in front of each of us. We talked and drank out drinks until curiosity got the best of me and I had to ask her.

"Hey Cas?" I asked her, trying to sound casual.

"Hmm?" She hummed as she took a sip of her butterbeer.

"What's going on with you and Harry?" I asked her.

"Wha- oh er nothing. Harry and I are friends, that's all" she said quietly, and quickly started to drink her butterbeer again.

"Do you fancy him?" I asked unable to hold myself back.

Cassie choked on her butterbeer, "no way" she managed to say through her coughing. So maybe she doesn't fancy him, but she's hiding something I thought to myself. We're best friends, why would she be hiding something from us?

"Why in the name of Merlin would you think I like Harry?" Cassie exclaimed, gasping for breathe now that she had finished coughing.
I shrugged, "you two spend a lot of time together."

"Well, I promise I definitely do not fancy Harry" she said. "We should prank Filch tonight, I've been following the rules for way to long." She was grinning at us, but I could tell she was anxious to get off the subject of Harry.

George and I exchanged looks, that plainly said we both knew she was hiding something, before George said, "Yeah that sounds fun." We spent another hour in the three broomsticks, planning the prank on Filch. After that we went to Zonko's, then we went back to the school.

"Is he coming?" I asked Cassie as she looked around the corner.

"No, and be quiet or he'll hear us all before he get's here" she whispered back.

We waited a few more minutes before we heard the shuffling of Filches feet.

"Now" George said quietly. Cassie threw smoke bombs, that turned the target different colors, and George and I threw dungbombs.

There was a loud yell from Filch, and we all snickered.

"Let's get out of here, before we get caught" George muttered.

"Wait, I've got to do something first" Cassie whispered, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She whispered something I couldn't hear, and flicked her wand. I soon realized it had been a color charm, when Mrs. Norris emerged from the smoke a bright shade of lilac.

"Now let's go" she whispered, smirking as Filch emerged from the smoke, howling with rage at the sight of his purple cat.

The three of us turned and ran down the corridor as quietly as we could. We stopped when we were sure Filch was gone.

"That was absolutely brilliant Cas, did you see his face when he saw that cat?" I said laughing.

"His face was priceless" she said, and bursted into giggles.

"What on earth made you think of that?" George asked her, as he also started laughing.

"Bottled up mischief. I told you, I've been following the rules for too long."

We all hurried down the next corridor, and stopped dead when a spot of purple flashed around the corridor. The three of us turned to go another way, when Filch rounded the corner.

"Think that was funny do you?" Filch growled angrily.

"Actually, Yes. I believe we do" Cassie said with a smirk.

"Yes, it was quite funny really" I added.

"Definitely the funniest thing we've done all day" George said.

"You've all just bought yourselves a weeks detention! Eight o' clock in the evening, my office starting tomorrow!" Filch said angrily, before he shuffled away, his cat following.

"I guess we should've denied it" George said.

"There's nobody else out of bed at this hour, he wouldn't have believed it anyways. Besides that was too good not to take credit for" Cassie grinned.

"We've got detention for a week" George complained.

"Worth it" Cassie and I said.

A/N- I hope you liked this chapter! I'm sorry I updated in the middle of the night again, at least it's the middle of the night where I live. I had a lot of fun writing this chapter. Thank you all so much for reading. Xox