Chapter 34: First kiss

Fred's POV
Mum had woken us early that morning. Today we were to be removing the doxies from the curtains in the drawing room. Not one of us thought it would be a pleasant task. George and I dressed and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Will you two go wake Ron, Harry and the girls?" Mum asked us before we could sit down.

"Yeah" we said.

"I'll take the girls, you get Ron and Harry?" I asked my twin, who nodded. We disapparated out of the kitchen to the rooms.

I arrived in the girls room to see them all talking in whispers, all awake and fully dressed. With the loud crack that came with apparation however, all three of them jumped and shrieked. Cassie grabbed the pillow off of her bed and threw it at me.

"We could have been changing you know!" She snapped.

"Well, by the looks of it you were in the middle of a conversation that didn't need to be overheard" I said casually.

"If you must know, we were discussing ways to stop you and George apparating into our room!" Ginny said.

"Honestly you three" Hermione shook her head.

Ten minutes later, Ginny, Hermione, Cassie, George and I were gathered around the buzzing curtains of the drawing room. We all had something tied over our faces and were holding a bottle of doxiecide. Mum said that we were to wait for Harry and Ron to get here before we started. Finally the two walked into the room.

"All right.... squirt!" Mum said as she pulled the curtains open. Immediately doxies began to fly out at us and we all began to spray. Harry gave me a quizzical look as I pocketed one of the doxies. George and I immediately began to explain the Skiving Snackboxes to him.

"Testers?" Harry inquired.

"Us, and Cas of course... We take it in turns. George does the fainting fancies, I do the puking pastilles, and Cas does the nose bleed nougat...." I told him.

"Fred and I tried to the nosebleed nougat and mum thought we had been dueling" George added.

We talked to Harry for a few more minutes when Cassie yelped. I turned around quickly to see her and Ginny trying to pry a Doxy off her finger. Harry, George, Mum and I all hurried to Cassie's side.

"Are you okay?" I asked quickly as Ginny kept trying to get the Doxy off of her finger.

"Yeah, just please get this thing off of me it burns" Cassie said.

"Here let me try Gin" I said and Ginny moved aside to let me. It took a bit of work but I managed to get the Doxy off of her finger. A bleeding bite mark that was beginning to turn slightly green was on her finger.

"I've got the antidote here, but I think we should bandage it, just to be safe. There should be some bandages in the closet in the kitchen" mum said.

"I'll get them" Cassie said as she hurried out of the room.

I hesitated for a few seconds before saying, "I'll go with her."

I walked into the kitchen to see Cassie standing on the bottom shelf in the closet. Even though she had grown at least four inches over the summer and was quite tall now, she wasn't quite tall enough to reach the shelf.

"You know I could get that for you if you'd like" I said.

Cassie gasped and turned around so quickly she fell off of the shelf. I rushed forward and caught her before she could hit the ground.

I carefully set her down and started rambling "I'm sorry I didn't-" I stopped talking abruptly as I realized how close she was, one of my arms still wrapped around the beautiful girls waist. I could feel her warm breath on my face. She was close, so close.

My heart was hammering so loudly I was sure she could hear it, and I couldn't look away as our eyes met, her eyes even brighter then usual. I couldn't stop myself. I pulled her into me and pressed my lips to hers.

Cassie responded immediately, her arms wrapping around my neck. I felt like an electric current was running through my body and I never wanted this moment to end.

Cassiopeia's POV
My lips were on fire and nothing else mattered in the world other then Fred's lips on mine. I forgot completely about the burning feeling that had been spreading through my hand through the Doxy bite.

Suddenly, Fred and I jumped apart as the kitchen door burst open and George's loud voice filled the room.

"Mum says you two need to...." he trailed off as he looked back and forth between me and Fred, both with very red cheeks.

"Well it's about bloody time" George smirked.

Of all the times to interrupt George, you had to choose this one?

"Get out before I hex you" I snapped. I was never good at controlling my temper when I was embarrassed.

"You can't use magic outside of school" George said.

"Try me."

George's confidence faltered as I pointed my wand at him. "I suppose I should let you two figure things out. But mum still wants you to hurry back, Cas still got bit by a Doxy."

He left the kitchen, shooting his brother a wink to only get an annoyed look in return. I looked awkwardly to the ground, unsure of what to say.

"We.. we should get back" Fred mumbled as awkwardly as I felt.

"Right.. well uh.. would you mind grabbing the bandages?"

Fred nodded and reached up, grabbing the bandages. We walked back to the drawing room, neither one of us spoke. Had he meant to kiss me or was he just caught up in the moment?

My mind was racing, I wanted to say something, or rather just continue kissing him.

Mrs. Weasley bandaged my hand quickly, and then announced that it was time for lunch.

"I think I need to go fix my hair, can you come help me Gin?" I asked, giving the girl a meaningful look.

"Yeah, I could use a bit of freshening up myself" she said, catching on.

As soon as we were in the hallway, I grabbed her hand and dragged her to our room. I was slightly out of breathe by the time we got there.

"What happened?" She asked as soon as the door was closed.

"We kissed."

Her face was blank for a second before a giant smile spread across it. "You and Fred?" She exclaimed.

I clamped my hand over her mouth, "will you keep it down? Yes me and Fred!"

"Oh my god! I need to know everything! How did it happen?" she said quickly.

"Well... I was standing on the shelf to get the bandages, and Fred came in and he startled me. I sort of fell of the shelf, and he grabbed me and we were really close... and...and he kissed me" I told her.

"That's practically something out of a fairytale. So are you and Fred, like together now?"

"Well we didn't exactly talk about it.. see George interrupted us" I grumbled.

"Oh.. damn him, he's got awful timing. But I think you ought to talk to Fred about it" Ginny told me.

"Here's the thing.. how do I know if he meant to kiss me, or if he was just caught up in the moment?"

"Well, it could be a mixture of both. I've been telling you for ages that he's crazy about you. But you want to know how to find out?"

"How?"

"Talk. To. Him." She stated.

"Yeah, Yeah you're right."

A/N- Fred and Cassie have finally kissed! I really hope you liked this chapter, I'm sorry it's not the best but I'm still a bit new at this. Thank you for reading xox.