Chapter 6: The Champions

Cassiopeia's POV
I stood in the entrance hall with Ginny, we were standing a little away from Harry, Ron and Hermione. We were watching people putting their names into the Goblet of Fire. Well, we were talking more then watching who was putting their names in, I wasn't paying much attention until I heard familiar voices behind me.

"Done it! Just taken it!" Fred whispered to Harry.

Ginny and I moved closer to the group and joined the conversation.

"What?" Ron was asking, obviously confused.

"The aging potion dung brains" Fred said.

"One drop each" George said "we only need to be a few months older."

"We're going to split the thousand galleons if one of us wins" Lee said excitedly.

I know they need money for their joke shop, but there are better ways then putting themselves in danger I thought and rolled my eyes.

"I'm not sure this is going to work you know" Hermione said.

"I'm pretty sure Dumbledore will have thought of this." I added.

They ignored us "I'll go first" Fred said and he pulled out a slip of parchment. Fred threw a wink at me before jumping into the circle. I felt myself turn pink again, and then I gripped Ginny's arm tightly praying that it wouldn't work.

Fred stepped through the age line, I thought it had worked for a second, I gripped Ginnys arm tighter. George obviously thought it had worked too.

He followed his twin through the line and a split second later there was a sizzling sound. Fred and George were both thrown out of the circle and landed painfully on the ground.

I let go of Ginny's arm, which was now red from how tight I had been gripping it.
I walked over to Fred and George to make sure they were okay, I burst out laughing when I saw them. I looked at their long white beards, they started laughing as they looked at each other.

"I did warn you" a voice said and I turned to see Dumbledore. "I suggest you go up to madam Pomfrey, she is already tending to Miss Fawcett of Ravenclaw and Mr summers of Hufflepuff. Both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours" with these words I started laughing even harder.

I walked up to the hospital wing with Fred, George and Lee, Lee and I still howling with laughter minutes later.

"Mione and I told you it wouldn't work" I said as I walked down to the great hall with Fred and George later that day.

"You were the one who was all worried yesterday" Fred pointed out.

"Well..." I trailed off, for once I couldn't think of anything to defend myself with.

"Look at that Freddie, Cas is speechless" George said pretending to be shocked.

"Shut up" I muttered as I sat down at the table. I hope everyone eats quick.

"Hope it's Angelina" Fred said to Harry.

"So do I" Hermione said as she sat down next to me.

"Me too" I agreed

"What so you don't want me or Freddie to be it since it's dangerous but Angelina is fine?" George asked me and I noticed he was smirking slightly.

"Shut up"  I muttered again. The feast felt like it was taking much longer then usual and everyone was getting restless.

Finally, Dumbledore stood up and the hall silenced.

"Well the goblet is almost ready to make its decision" he said. He then gave whoever the champions may be their instructions. Dumbledore took out his wand and dimmed the lights, the only lights source was the pumpkins and the flames from the Goblet.