Chapter 30: Run away

Cassiopeia's POV
A/N- There are some scenes that deal with abuse in this chapter. If you don't like it, please skip these parts.
I sat on my silver bed spread, replying to a letter Harry had sent me. After reading over the letter, I put it in an envelope; then tied the letter to Hedwigs leg. The owl flew off and I shut my window. Looking up at the cloudy grey sky, I sighed, thinking about the summer.

The first thing Bellatrix had asked me when she picked me at kings Cross, was if I'd seen the daily Prophet. I said yes, but it was complete rubbish, she'd believed me. I had left out how hard it was staying here, knowing that Bellatrix had never cared, that I was only an order to her.

The day passed by slowly. In the late afternoon a light rain began to fall. I laid on my bed for hours, listening to the soft pattering sound. I looked over at my window to see that it was now dark outside.

My scar started to prickle with pain. But that could only mean one thing, Voldemort was near. I took a deep breathe and looked out the window. There was nothing there but the rain that was falling harder.

"Cassiopeia!" My mother's voice rang out from downstairs.

"Coming" I shouted back. My scar was still prickling.

I tossed my hair over my shoulder as I walked down the stairs to the living room. My scar began to burn as I got closer to it. No. I took a deep breathe as I walked into the room.
Biting my tongue to keep from yelping in pain now, I saw my mum sitting with Voldemort. Rodolphus sat in the corner, looking pleased. My scar was burning almost as bad as it had the night in the graveyard.

"Wha-what's going on?" I asked.

"You turn fifteen tomorrow" Bellatrix said with a strange smile.

"Yeah?" I asked, growing more confused and scared. I kept my gaze away from Voldemort, who still hadn't spoken. My eyes were beginning to water from the pain in my scar.

"It's time Cassie" Bellatrix said, a proud smile on her face.

"For what?" I questioned, already knowing the answer.

"For you to join us" Voldemort finally spoke.

My stomach dropped and my heart began to beat faster.

"I- no- I can't... I don't want-"

It all happened so fast. I felt Rodolphus's fist hit my face so hard that I fell to the ground, yelping in pain as he began to kick me.

"I'll.. do it! I'll do it! Please... stop!" I gasped,tears beginning to sting my eyes.

"There is no need for this Rodolphus. She has agreed" Voldemort said coolly. "I will return tomorrow to burn the mark into your arm." And with that he disappeared.

Rodolphus grabbed my wrist and pulled me to my feet roughly. He held onto my wrist so tightly my hand was going numb. I could feel my whole body shaking. I looked over at Bellatrix, her expression was unreadable. She must be so angry at me I thought to myself.

"I'm sorry mum" I whispered. Bellatrix said nothing. "M-May I G-go now?"

When neither of them said anything, I pulled my wrist free from Rodolphus's grasp. Walking quickly back up the stairs, I hurried into my room. I shut the door quietly, and turned to face my bed.

I would never be one of them. I rushed around my room, throwing everything I could into my
trunk. Clothes, my Hogwarts robes, books, spare quills and my firebolt.

"Binky" I whispered. With a crack, Binky the house elf appeared in my room.

"How can- are you okay miss?" She asked.

"I'm fine. But I need your help" I whispered.

"How can I help miss?"

"I need you.. will you get me some of our money please? You can't tell Bellatrix and Rodolphus, or anyone okay?"

"Yes miss. How much do you want?"

"500 galleons please Binky."

The house elf vanished again, and I grabbed a quill, ink, and a piece of parchment.

I can't stay here. I can't be one of you. I'm sorry mum.
-Cassiopeia Bellatrix Ariana Lestrange

I scribbled onto the parchment. I sank down
onto my comfortable bed, tears began to leak out of my eyes harder then ever. I licked my lips and winced as I went over the spot where my lip was cracked and bleeding.

There was a loud crack, and Binky reappeared.
"I've got the money here Miss" she said.

"T-thank you B-Binky. I-I'm leaving, and I-I won't be coming back. I-If anyone a-asks you where that  m-money went you say it was all me. Y-You can't t-tell anyone that I'm leaving, they.. they'll f-find out soon enough, understand?" I asked her.

"Your leaving?" The elfs voice had a trace of disappointment.
"I- I'm... I'm a-afraid- afraid so B-Binky. Do... do y-you understand your... your orders?"

"Yes miss."

"T-thank you B- Binky"

I took the small sack of galleons from the house elf and she disappeared. Opening my trunk, I put the money inside of it, then closed it.
Carefully and as quietly as I could, I opened my window.

I looked down, the only problem was getting my trunk out. "Oh.. well I hope nothing breaks..." I said. I shoved my trunk out of the window, into a group of rose bushes that successfully muffled the sound as I had hoped. With that, I took one last glance around my room.

My posters of Quidditch teams and the Weird Sisters, my silver and blue curtains. My silver canopy bed. The few Gryffindor banners I had dared to hang. I sighed and jumped out of the window, landing next to the bushes. I winced, my side was hurting badly where I had been kicked, my lip was still bleeding, and my whole body was still shaking.

I grabbed my trunk and began to walk down the street. Not until I reached the end of the road did I pull my wand from my robes. I held it out, and soon the knight bus stood in front of me.

"Where can we take- say aren't Harry Potter's twin sister? Say what happened to you?"

I hesitated, raising a finger to my lip. "Yes I am Harry's sister. St. Ottery Catchpole please."

A/N- This chapter was a bit shorter then usual, but I really hope you liked it. Thank you all for reading xox.