Chapter 46: Intervention

Cassiopeia's POV
I had already showered twice. I still felt vile and disgusting. It had been me, it was my fault that the Weasleys dad had been attacked. The very thought made me feel sick.

It was me, I attacked Mr. Weasley. Voldemort possessed me, and I attacked him.

The bathroom floor was cold. I was sitting with my back against the door. I'd been in here for hours, but if anyone else needed the bathroom they could use the other one.

A knock on the door caused me to jump. I said nothing, they would leave eventually. But then a voice came through the door.

"Cassie, come out please?" Fred's soft voice whispered.

Still I said nothing.

"Cassie please, I know your in there. I just want to talk to you..." he said.

My hand reached up for the doorknob. There was nothing I wanted more than to open the door and just kiss him. But I couldn't. There was still the chance I could end up possessed again, and I could hurt Fred. That wasn't a chance I was going to take.

"Please?"

"Go away Fred" I choked out.

I heard a sigh and then retreating footsteps. After I was sure everyone was gone, I quietly opened the bathroom door. I tiptoed down to Harry's room. He'd been instructed to get some sleep, but I knew he would still be awake.

When I walked into Harry's room, I found him throwing things into his trunk. He was going to run. And that wasn't a half bad idea. Harry paused and looked at me, relief flooding his face when he saw it was only me.

"I hope you were going to mention that you're leaving," I said.

By the look on his face, Harry hadn't been planning on it. I might have been angry under any other circumstance. Right now however, it wasn't safe for us to be around other people.

"I want to come."

"To the Dursley's?" Harry asked, surprised.

"No. I don't think you have to go back to the Dursley's either" I told him.

"I don't?"

"No.. I still have the money I stole from the Lestrange's, I'm sure we can find something else to do."

I knew this was a feeble plan, but it had to be better then him going back to the Dursley's. Maybe I could get a job or something and support us both. Anything felt better then putting everyone else in danger.

Harry had his hand on the doorknob when Phineas Nigellus appeared. Apparently he had a message from Dumbledore. Naturally, he had to annoy Harry before he gave us the message.

"I have a message from Albus Dumbledore."

"What is it?" Harry asked as he spun around.

"Stay where you are."

"I haven't moved!" Harry said, "so what's the message?"

"I've just given it to you, dolt," said Phineas. "Stay where you are."

"Why?" Harry and I asked in unison.

"Why does he want us to stay? What else did he say?" Harry asked.

"Nothing whatsoever" Said Phineas.

"He must've given you a reason" I said.

After Harry argued with Phineas Nigellus for a while, it was decided that we were going to stay here. Harry begun to pace around before he laid down on the bed. Soon enough he fell asleep. Looking at my sleeping brother made me realize how tired I was.