Chapter 14: Dates

Cassiopeia's POV
I was sitting on my bed working on my homework when Hermione came into our dormitory. She was out of breath, and looked like she had run all the way up here.

"What happened to you?" I asked her, as she tried to catch her breathe.

"I've just been asked to the ball... by Viktor Krum" she said with a grin, and I noticed her cheeks were slightly pink.

"Oh my god! Viktor Krum? The famous Viktor Krum? Did you say yes?" I asked as I felt myself start to grin too.

"Well of course I said yes to Viktor! The only thing is Neville asked me when I got back to the common room... I've told him I'm going with someone else.. but I still feel a bit bad" she said, looking down at her shoes.

"You shouldn't feel bad, Viktor asked you first, I'm sure Neville will find someone to go with, he's very nice" I told her.

Just then Ginny came into our dormitory, looking slightly flustered. She came over to us and dramatically, flopped face first onto my bed. Ginny groaned as I looked at Hermione, then back at Ginny.

"What happened to you?" I asked her, a little concerned.

"Well... after Hermione said no to Neville, he asked me to the ball... and I've said yes, since I can't go if I don't have a date" Ginny said quickly, as she sat up.

"I only said no because Viktor Krum asked me" Hermione muttered. I giggled, these two were ridiculous.

"Hermione, there's nothing wrong with saying no to Neville, someone already asked you." I said, then turned to Ginny. "Ginny, there's nothing wrong with going to the ball with Neville. He's a perfectly nice boy, he might step on your toes a lot though. I know you were hoping Harry and Ron would ask you but, at least you've both got someone to go with" I told them. They both looked at me for a second before realizing I was right.

"You're right, the more important thing is how we are going to get our dresses" Ginny said. I looked down, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to the ball without a date. All my friends had one now, besides Harry and Ron.

Ginny seemed to read my mind and said, "no way you aren't going Cas, you'll find a date, and if not you can share ours. You're going to that ball" she said.

Ginny and I spent a good twenty minutes after that arguing about whether I was going to the ball or not. I gave up in the end, I was now going whether I had a date or not. The girls and I spent the rest of the evening talking, about where we would get our dresses and their dates.

A few days later, I was sitting in the common room, knitting some scarves for S.P.E.W like Hermione asked me too. The portrait hole opened and I looked up to see Ginny, with a mortified looking Ron.

"What on earth? What's wrong Ron?" I asked standing up quickly, causing the knitting supplies to fall to the floor. Ron looked to appalled to speak, so I turned to Ginny. She stared at me for a second with a smirk on her face before answering.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour to the ball."

"He what?"

Ginny and I sat down, attempting to comfort Ron, and not burst into giggles. The portrait hole opened again, and this time Harry came in.

"What's up Ron?" He asked as he sat down next to us.

"Why did I do it? I don't know what made me do it!" he said frantically.

"What?" Harry asked.

"He- err- just asked Fleur Delacour to go to the ball with him" Ginny told him. She was patting Ron's arm, but I could tell she was having just as hard a time not smiling as I was.

"You what?" Harry exclaimed, with the same shocked expression as I had.

"I don't know what made me do it! What was I playing at? There were people... all around! I've gone mad... Everyone watching! I was just walking past her in the entrance hall, she was standing there talking to Diggory.. and it sort of cams over me and I asked her!" Ron said, his face was red with embarrassment.

"She looked at me like I was a sea slug or something. Didn't even answer. And then I dunno I sort of just came to my senses and ran for it" He said.

"She's part Veela, you were right her grandmother is one. It wasn't your fault, I bet you just walked past her when she was turning on the old charm for Diggory and got a blast of it, but she's wasting her time. He's going with Cho Chang" Harry said.

Oh, I guess I could have mentioned she's part Veela sooner... oops.

"I asked her to go with me just now... and she told me" Harry said dully as me and Ron quickly looked up.

I wasn't sure what to say, I could tell Ginny was upset Harry had asked Cho, but Harry was also upset that Cho had said no. I finally decided what to do.

"Well at least you tried Harry" I said with a sympathetic smile. He merely nodded as he and Ron started complaining about not having dates again.

Hermione walked into the portrait hole, to me glaring at the boys for thinking she was lying about having a date, and for making fun of Neville. I could see Ginny was thoroughly embarrassed, as she was going to the ball with Neville.

"Why weren't you two at dinner?" Hermione asked as she walked over to us.

"Will you two shut up?" I demanded but the two boys didn't listen.

"Because- oh shut up laughing you two- because they've both just been turned down by girls they asked to the ball" Ginny said over their laughing.

Thankfully, they stopped laughing at this.
"Thanks a bunch Ginny" Ron said.

I was quite enjoying watching Harry and Ron be told off my Hermione. Boys could be so stupid sometimes, only wanting to take a pretty girl, even if she was awful.

I was glaring at Ron, again. Hermione was not lying about having a date to that dance.

"I've already told you! I'm going with someone else!" Hermione said angrily, and turned and stormed off to the dormitories.

"She's lying" Ron said.

"She's not" Ginny and I said at the same time.

"Who is it then?" Ron asked.

"I'm not telling it's her business" Ginny said and then both boys turned to me.

"I'm not telling either" I said sharply.

"Right, this is getting stupid. Ginny, you can just with Harry, I'll just.." Ron started to say but Ginny cut him off.

"I can't, I'm going with- with Neville. He asked me when Hermione said no, and I thought well, I'm not going to be able to go otherwise, I'm not in fourth year. I think I'll go and have dinner." With that Ginny hurried out of the portrait hole, staring at the ground.

Ron opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off.

"Don't even think about asking me as a last resort Weasley" I said coolly. He shut his mouth and went back to looking put out. I had to decide whether I wanted to go and see if Ginny or Hermione was okay first, and after a few seconds of consideration decided on Hermione.

With one last glare at Harry and Ron, I turned and walked back up to the girls dormitory to talk to Hermione.

A/N- So this was really another filler chapter. I hope nobody found it to boring. Thanks for reading if you managed to get all the way through it xox