Chapter 50: Not-So-Great Valentines day

Cassie's POV
It was Valentines Day. Everyone except the Gryffindor Quidditch team and anyone under third year would be in Hogsmeade. I'd been looking forward to spending the day with Fred, but Angelina had other plans in store for the team. We were to stay and practice the whole day.

In my opinion, this practice was pointless. The weather conditions weren't good today, and nearly the entire team would rather be somewhere else. Not to mention that most of the good players had been kicked off the team. Then there is as though a fact that Ron was still having trouble keeping goals out if people were watching him.

As soon as practice started, hell broke loose. Angelina had instructed us to stay on the ground while we practiced for the first few minutes. Angelina, Katie, and I were passing the quaffle around, and then throwing it to Ron unexpectedly, more often than not it slipped though his fingers.

I had just passed the quaffle when something hit me hard in the ankle, sending me to the ground. I was now covered in mud, and my ankle felt like it had been shattered into a million pieces.

"Dammit" I muttered under my breath as Ron and Ginny hurried over to me.

"Are you okay?" Ginny asked.

"Fantastic" I stated dully, "can anyone tell if it's broken?"

I could hear Angelina shouting at the two beaters as Ginny examined my ankle. She pressed down on it, causing me to wince.

"I think it might be," she said, though it sounded more like a question.

I groaned and pulled myself to a sitting position. Looking at my already bruised ankle, I pulled out my wand.

"Episky" I said.

My ankle immediately felt a lot better, although the bruising didn't go away.

"Fred and George never let me get hit by a bludger" I muttered as Ron and Ginny helped me to my feet.

The next hours were a complete disaster. Ron did good unless he thought there was someone watching. He managed to block a few of our shots. The two beaters barely managed to keep a single bludger from hitting us. We spent most of the practice dodging them ourselves. By the time it was over, we were all muddy, and exhausted.

Fred and George were nowhere to be found so I went to dinner myself. I sat down next to Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny. The three of us on the team were all muddy disasters. I barely touched my dinner.

I left the great hall irritated, half way there I changed my mind. Today had been absolutely horrible. I was dirty, my ankle hurt, and I hadn't been able to spend the day with my boyfriend. Halfway to the great hall I changed my mind. I should at least shower, if I'm going to be surrounded by humans, I thought.

The air outside of the shower, and I shivered as I wrapped a towel around my self. As quickly as I could, I used my wand to dry my hair off. I hurried back into my clean clothes, and went down to dinner.

I was outside the great hall when a pair of freckled arms wrapped around my waist, and Fred kissed my cheek. A huge grin spread across my face, and I turned around. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pressed my lips against his.

"I didn't think I was even going to see you today," I said, my lips barely an inch from his.

"Oh I think we can make up for not seeing as each other" Fred said, a mischievous smirk on his face.

A smirk formed on my own lips, "where do we go?"

It was definitely after curfew when we arrived back at Gryffindor tower later. I was hoping the common room would be empty. It was, well mostly. Naturally, George Weasley was sitting in an arm chair.

"Where on earth have you two been?" He demanded.

His question was met with silence and bright red cheeks. Fred and I avoided looking at George.

"Oh," George stated, "never mind I don't think I want to know."

I smirked at the new declaration Umbridge had made.

No Quibblers allowed in school, huh? Please, practically all the students are going to find a way around that.

Umbridge had declared war, and that was a war I intended to win. It all looked pretty promising too, the entire student body hates her, and thanks to my brother, she had a huge mess to clean up. There was no way Umbridge would last another year at this school.

Maybe next we could get back to actually learning things. Ha, yeah right, I reminded myself. If anything, next year would just bring ten times more chaos than this one had.

It was time for classes. I was walking down to my first class when I saw Kileigh.

"Hi Kileigh," I said as I walked over to her.

"Oh hello, Cassiopeia," she said. I couldn't help but noticed she sounded slightly disinterested.

"How are you?" I asked hesitantly.

"Oh, I'd be better if you and your brother would stop spreading lies."

I stood still for a second in shock. Spreading lies?

"We aren't spreading lies. Voldemort's back, if that's what your talking about," I said. My voice came out cold even though I tried to keep it calm.

"Look, we're all better off without the mental twins saying he's back, so just give up your little story, before you get what's coming to you, Miss Lestrange," Kileigh said coolly before she turned and walked away.

I suddenly understood what this was really all about. She hated me because of who my family was. Too shocked to be angry, I walked to class alone. Kileighs threat had seemingly come from out of nowhere. As the immediate shock wore off, I began to feel nervous, and angry.

What reason did she have to hate me, just for being part of the Lestrange family? As far as I knew, we hadn't done anything to her. Not to mention I was really even part of them anymore. As class dragged on I tried to reason with myself.

George's girlfriend hates me.
Maybe she was just in a bad mood?
No, my best friends girlfriend definitely hates me.
But maybe she didn't mean it.
Kileigh just threatened me.. I think she meant it.
But what if she didn't, maybe there's another reason.
No, she hates me.

By the end of the argument I was having with myself, I'd decided she hates me. I didn't know why, I just knew I wouldn't say anything to George if she didn't. I'd just have to try my best to make her like me, before she caused George to hate me too.

A/N- I am so sorry. It's been like three weeks since I've updated. I was really busy, I had a ton of homework, and then I went on a road trip. Now that school is out for the summer, I have a lot more time to write. Thank you all for reading, XOX.