Chapter 47: Merry Christmas

Fred's POV
I'd finally convinced Cassie to sleep. It wasn't hard to tell she hasn't slept for at least a day. She wasn't willing to, not if she thought she would hurt someone again.

"Hey Fred?" Cassie mumbled into my chest.

"Hmm?" I muttered back.

"I love you."

I smiled down at my tired red head. I didn't need to think about it to know that I loved her. I'd loved her for a long time.

"I love you too."

I gently kissed her forehead as she drifted off to sleep.

Nobody had seen Sirius in such a good mood for as long as we remembered. He had been decorating while singing Christmas carols. The house was completely unrecognizable by now. Between the cleaning we had done and the decorations, it actually looked like someone lives here.

It was Christmas morning. George and I had just attempted to calm mum down. She was crying about Percy again. Nothing we had said made her feel better, so we left it to Remus.

"Where's Cassie?" I asked.

"No idea, probably off causing mischief with Sirius" George replied.

Cassie has definitely grown closer with Sirius and Remus. They'd spent a lot of time together over the break. I could tell Cassie was ecstatic about going to live with Remus at the end of the year. The thought made me smile until I realized we should warn Harry and Ron about mum.

"Think we should warn Harry and Ron?" I asked.

George nodded and we apparated to their room. We told them about mum, and then I noticed the odd painting Harry was holding.

"What's that supposed to be anyway?" I inquired. "Looks like a gibbon with two black eyes."

"It's Harry! Says so on the back!" George said and he pointed at the back of the picture.

"Good likeness" I said with a huge grin.

Cassie walked in just in time to see Harry throw his homework diary at me. She looked between the two of us for a moment. Then she finally stopped on Harry.

"Why are you throwing things at my boyfriend?" She asked.

"He said I have a good likeness to this picture" Harry told her.

"Well, I don't see why your complaining. It really looks just like you" Cassie replied.

Everyone in the room burst into a fit of laughter except for Harry, who was glaring at all of us.

After we had Christmas lunch, we had planned to go visit Dad in St. Mungos. He was doing much better, and would hopefully be home soon. No matter how much we pried, they wouldn't tell us what Dad had been guarding when he was attacked.

Mundungus had managed to supposedly "borrow" a car. One glance between me, Cassie and George, told me I wasn't the only one who didn't believe it was borrowed. This made mum especially reluctant to get in the car.

I slid in next to Cassie, while trying to get mum into the car. Well, more like pleading with her to get into the car. This was the only way to go see Dad without magic. Maybe it was the no magic part that was bothering mum.

After the entire family begging mum to get in the car, she finally climbed in between me and Bill. The enlarging spell on the vehicle came in handy when you had a family this big.

The streets were empty and it didn't take long to get to St. Mungos. There were only a few other witches and wizards trickling down the abandoned street. It was quite except for the sound of people's footsteps. We walked towards the dummy, and then climbed through the glass.