Chapter 55: How to Pass O.W.L's

Cassiopeia's POV
"Hagrid really expects us to teach a giant English?" I asked Hermione while we were studying.

"Yes, he does," she said. "And we promised," she added solemnly.

"Hagrid's gone mental," I stated for what must've been the third time this week.

Hermione and I returned to studying for charms. We had been doing this all day. It was getting rather boring, and I couldn't focus on it anymore. Instead, my mind drifted off to two pranksters, probably working at the joke shop right now.

I felt a sharp jab to my ribs, and looked up to see Hermione staring at me, "we're supposed to be studying, not thinking about Weasley's."

I tried smiling innocently, but she didn't buy it.

"Oh really? I'm pretty sure I caught you thinking about Ron five minutes ago," I said with a smirk.

"Shut up. I do not have a crush on Ron."

"Keep telling yourself that."

Hermione, instead of bickering, decided to change the subject. "Have you heard anything from Fred?"

"No, he hasn't replied to my last letter," I replied, glancing down at the floor.

"Well, he will, I know he will."

I gave Hermione a smile, but it didn't feel real.

What if Fred was forgetting about me?

The teachers had started reviewing subjects that they had decided were important enough to be in the Ordinary Wizarding Levels. We never had much homework, which left more time for simply studying everything possible.

I was least worried about my charms test. I knew enough about it from helping Fred and George. This didn't stop me from studying all day the day before the exam. I had my mind set on going over every spell in the book, before dinner; regardless of how ridiculous that expectation was. 

The written exam had gone well enough. At least I hoped so. I remembered most of the charms, and what they did. Merlin, I hope I did well enough, I thought to myself.

All of the fifth years were gathered in the entrance hall, waiting to be called for their practical charms exam. I was pacing back in forth in a short line next to Harry and Ron. Hermione had already been called.

"Would you stop pacing? You're making me even more nervous Cas," Ron said.

"Sorry Ron," I said, smiling apologetically.

Before I knew it, it was time for me to go in. I walked over to one of the free testing instructors. "Potter is it?" The old woman asked.

I nodded.

"Well let's get started, would you please levitate this teacup for me?"

I took a deep breathe, "wingardium leviosa."

Much to my relief, the plate floated up in the air, and stayed there.

"Excellent, now would you please turn this mouse green?"

I couldn't help the small smile that came into my face. I had done this enough to Fred and George to know exactly what I was doing.

Overall the charms exam went well. The next day was transfiguration, which I guess mostly went well. Then was herbology. This had been the worst one yet. Herbology had never been my best class, but it could've gone worse considering.

Next was Defense Against the Dark Arts. This one went nearly as well as charms, and I had Harry to thank for that. The day after Hermione and I had ancient runes. As far as I could remember, I only mixed up two runes.