Chapter 20: The apology

Cassiopeia's POV
I was walking back to Gryffindor tower with Harry, Ron and Hermione after dinner. The three of them were talking about something, but my head was in the clouds.

George had said that Fred might feel the same way. But what if he was wrong? What if it was a joke? I thought to myself.

I was snapped out of my trance by someone calling my name.

"What?" I asked the three of them, unsure of which one had said it.

"That er... wasn't us" Hermione said, pointing behind me with a nervous expression. Harry and Ron turned around, Ron looked as nervous as Hermione, and Harry was giving someone a death glare.

I turned around to see Fred hurrying towards us. I froze, unsure of whether I should turn around and run, or talk to him. Harry continued giving him a death glare.

"It's okay Harry" I said quietly so only he could hear me.

Fred finally caught up to us, a bit out of breathe.

"Can I talk to you? Please?" Fred asked me.

I hesitated, I still wasn't sure if I wanted to talk to him or not. I felt Harry move closer to me, and finally managed to shake my head.

"Well, I was hoping you'd come willingly, but this will have to work to" Fred said.

"Wha..." I started to ask, but trailed off as Fred picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Put me down Frederick!" I said, squirming, hoping it would make him put me down.

"So we're back on a first name basis?" He asked me.

"I-er.... no? Dammit." I muttered. I stopped squirming and propped my elbows on his back. I looked back at Harry, Ron and Hermione as he turned and walked away.

Ron and Hermione were laughing. Harry on the other hand, still looked ready to murder Fred. I gave him a small smile, trying to tell him that it was okay.

Fred finally put me down when we walked into the empty Transfiguration classroom. I crossed my arms as I looked up at him.

"What do you want Weasley?"

"I'm sorry" Fred said.

That was unexpected.

"You're what?" I asked him surprised.

"Sorry. I'm sorry about everything I said at the Yule Ball, and everything I might have said before that. I'm sorry" he said, I could tell he meant it.

"I.. Well... yeah that pretty much covers everything.." I muttered. To be honest I had forgiven him a while ago, I just needed to hear him say he was sorry.

"So do you forgive me?" He asked, rubbing his neck nervously.

"Maybe." I said said with a smirk.

"Come on please Miss Lestrange?" He said, making a pouty face.

"Oh Fred.. please don't look at me like that... no.. Freddie stop it... oh, fine." I muttered.

Fred smiled, his cute, goofy smile. Merlin I love that smile, I thought to myself. I finally started smiling to, and tackled Fred in a hug so tight that he almost fell over.

Fred laughed as he regained his balance, and hugged me back tightly.

"You know, the bubblehead charm is excellent if you want to breathe under water" Fred told me as we walked back to Gryffindor tower together.

"How did you... George" I sighed, "I don't know how to do the bubblehead charm..."

"I'll help you, it's not to hard. And you're brilliant so I'm sure you'll pick it up fast" he said. I looked at the ground, hiding the blush that was rising in my cheeks.