Chapter 41: Who's the Hufflepuff?

Fred's POV
"This is completely unbelievable!" I exclaimed angrily as I tossed the Daily Prophet back onto a small table in the common room.

"What does that even mean?" Cassie asked, hatred lacing her voice.

"It means Umbridge has more control at Hogwarts" George said darkly.

The fake sweet smile of Umbridge shone up at us from the page. Cassie glared at it for a moment before she angrily flipped the paper over. It had been announced that Umbridge was the High Inquisitor. The three of us sat there, completely shocked. Cassie had a look of pure hatred on her face.

My eyes drifted to her hand. There were still cuts spelling I must not defend liars on the back of her hand. It made me absolutely furious what Umbridge made people do in detention. It was disgusting.

"We should go down to breakfast before we end up late to all of our classes" George grumbled.

"I couldn't eat a thing" Cassie said.

George decided he was going to go eat breakfast with Lee. Cassie and I decided to stay in the common room until it was time to go to our classes. She rested her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arms tightly around her. I wished I could tell her everything would be fine, but I had no idea where this school would go with Umbridge having control.

After a few minutes we decided to head to class. Cassie gave me a quick kiss before she ran off to her history of magic lesson. I smiled as her robes whipped around the corner, she was absolutely amazing.

The day went by as it normally did. Boring lessons, maybe pulling a small prank here and there. Well, it was normal until charms. As George and I walked in, we exchanged a dark look.

The Umbitch was sitting in the corner, a clipboard in her hands. So Flitwick was being observed today huh? She looked just as much like a toad as she always did, with that pink fluffy cardigan and stupid black bow.

Flitwick didn't say much about her, he just continued with the lesson. All through the lesson we could hear the scratching of her quill. I found my myself wanting to know what she was writing, Flitwick was a very good teacher.

I leaned over to my twin and whispered "think we could get rid of her by the end of the year?"

"I think your girlfriend and her brother might handle that one just fine" George replied with a smirk.

When class was finally dismissed, Umbridge cornered Alicia.

"Do you normally pass your tests?" Umbridges questioned.

"Yes" Alicia replied slightly nervous.

"And what is your personal opinion of this class?"

"It's really good."

"Excellent."

Shaking my head, I walked out of the class and headed to lunch. Cassie was sitting with her back to me, in a serious conversation with Harry. They both looked extremely put out. I was sure Cassie would hate me for what was about to come next.

"Cassie!" I shouted as I grabbed her from behind.

She shrieked, and turned around quickly. "Frederick Weasley! That-was-not-funny!" She said as she began to berate me.

"I thought it was" George pitched in, causing her to glare harshly at him.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, love" I said.

After that there was a long conversation about the O.W.L's. But the conversation soon turned to Harry and Cassie controlling their tempers around Umbridge. George and I warned them both seriously that they should keep control.

Unfortunately, the message didn't sink in. I arrived at dinner that day to find out they both had another weeks worth of detention. Harry had shouted at Umbridge, Cassie had defended him once again. They both had detention right after dinner. At least Umbridge hadn't bothered separating them again.

"Where's George?" Cassie asked suddenly.

I looked around. George was no where to be seen. He wasn't anywhere on the Gryffindor table. I shrugged, he would show up eventually. Cassie shook her head but continued eating quickly.

"I'll walk with you" I said as Cassie stood up to go to detention.

She grinned, and we walked out of the great hall together, hand in hand. As I was about to turn a corner Cassie yanked me back. She put a finger up to her mouth and peeked around the corner. I copied her, poking my head around the corner.

There was George. Talking to a blonde girl I'd only seen in passing.

"Who's the Hufflepuff?" I asked, slightly surprised.

"I don't know?" Cassie said confused.

My brother had never said a single thing about a girl in Hufflepuff. Yet there he was, standing there talking to one in a deserted corridor. I was slightly annoyed that he hadn't said anything about her to me. Maybe they just met, yeah that must be it.

Anyway it was more important to get my girlfriend to detention to avoid getting her anymore. I wanted to suggest that she should skip it. The cuts on her hand hadn't even had a chance to heal yet. As much as I wanted that though, I knew if she missed it she would just get more.

The two of us walked away, leaving them alone. When we arrived at Umbridges office, I pulled her into a tight hug. After kissing her for a few seconds I whispered, "you be careful, okay?"

"I'll do my best."

Cassie turned and knocked on the door, and was told to enter. She waved a small last goodbye, and walked into the office, closing the door behind her. I didn't like leaving her there one bit, but at least she was with Harry.

I made a mental note to avoid getting a detention with her. It was bound to happen eventually, but I wanted that to be as little as possible. The ministry was undoubtedly interfering at Hogwarts, and the effects were not going to be good.

There was another thing that was bothering me now though. One thing that would bother me until I found out.

Who was the Hufflepuff?

A/N- Again, I'm sorry that I updated in the middle of the night. I hope everyone liked this chapter, and we'll find out more about who the Hufflepuff is in the next chapter ;) Thank you all for reading xox