Chapter 19: The clue

Cassiopeia's POV
I sat in the library with Ginny, for the fourth time that week, trying to figure out the clue to the egg.

"Come on Cas! You've still got a little time before the task, you should take a break. This is stressing you out to much" Ginny told me.

"I don't want to wait until the last minute to figure this stupid clue out!" I said. Ginny shook her head, but continued to help me.

"Maybe I'm starting in the wrong place. I could start in the middle of the end of the song, and work my way from there" I said. This time Ginny seemed to agree with me.

I decided to start somewhere in the middle. "But past an hour the prospects black, to late it's gone and won't come back... past an hour the prospects black.." I repeatedly muttered to myself.

"BLACK!" I said, a lot louder then I had intended to. I startled Ginny so much that she jumped higher then anything I had ever seen, and madam Pince shushed me. I wasn't sure if "the prospects black" actually meant the black lake, but it made sense to me.

"What? You scared me!" Ginny said.

"Black! That's it Gin! The black lake!" I exclaimed, and Ginny was looking at me very confused.

"The prospects black, the task must be in the Black Lake!" A look of comprehension came over Ginny's face, and she grinned.

"You are a genius Cassiopeia" she said.

"Why thank you Gin" I said dramatically, causing us to both giggle.

"I need to find a book about things that live in the lake" I told her. "I'll be right back."

I searched through shelves, looking for a book on the black lake. I found potions books, Transfiguration books, practically everything except books on the lake.

I walked over to another aisle, and searched until I found a book. Creatures of the black lake, "this should work" I muttered, and went back to the table I was sharing with Ginny. I was surprised to see George sitting with her, apparently in serious conversation.

"Hi Georgie" I said as I sat down next to him.

"Hey Cas" He said, giving me a look for using the nick name.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked them. I could tell by the looks on their faces, I was going to regret asking.

"You and Fred" George finally said. I knew I was going to regret this.

"Why in the name of Merlin were you talking about me and Fred?" I asked them, somewhat annoyed.

"Because you two haven't talked in a month" Ginny said calmly.

I looked out of the window, trying to think of something to say. I stared at the dark grey  sky for a minute. They weren't wrong... we hadn't talked since the Yule Ball. I sighed.

"What's your point?" I asked them.

"The point is, you two miss each other, and you're both to stubborn to do anything about it" George said.

"I do not miss that prat" I argued.

"You do."

"Do not."

"You do."

"Do not."

"You do."

"Shut up George!" I said, twirling my hair nervously. I turned back to a book to hide the blush creeping up my cheeks.

George grinned, "and besides, you fancy him."
"How'd you know that I- I fancy him..?" I asked George, glancing at Ginny, who was smirking.

"Oh come on Cas. I'm your best friend, I notice your cheeks go up in flames every time he smiles at you.. or anytime you're around him really" George said, ruffling my hair.

"I.. er... well... shut up!" I said nervously. "By the way if you tell him, I will kill you."

"I'm not going to tell Fred. But anyways, the point is, you miss him. And he misses you, he feels bad for saying those things at the ball. Can't you please just forgive him? It's weird pulling pranks without you."

"If he misses me, and he feels bad why isn't he here saying these things himself?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow.

"Well.. he... that's what I said too, you've got a point" George muttered.

"I know. Now, I've got more important things on my mind, like not dying in the second task. Wanna help?"

George nodded, and we began talking about the triwizard tournament. I was half way through Creatures Of The Black Lake, when a thought occurred to me.

"Are there mermaids in the black lake?" I asked George and Ginny. They both looked up at me, clearly thinking hard.

"I think there might be actually" Ginny finally said.

"It fits with the first part. 'come seek us where our voices sound we cannot sing above the ground' here let me look" I said.

I flipped through the pages, until a found a list of things started with M. Sure enough, there were mermaids in the black lake. I told George and Ginny, and they both looked at me concerned.

"How are you going to breathe under water for an hour?" Ginny asked me.

I sighed again, "I have no idea, but I've been reading so much my brain hurts. I'll just have to figure this out tomorrow."

We all decided to go back up the common room. We left the library, the three of us joking around with each other.

"Banana fritters" I told the fat lady, she swung open and we climbed through the portrait hole. Ginny went straight up to the dormitories, but I stayed to say goodbye to George.

I pulled him into a quick hug.

"You know there's a pretty good chance he feels exactly the same about you" George said quietly as I let him go.

I felt my cheeks turn red again, and George chuckled.

"See ya tomorrow Cas."

GEORGE'S POV
Cassie waved goodbye to Ginny, who was already climbing the stairs the girls dormitory. As soon as Ginny was out of sight Cassie turned back to me.

She pulled me into a tight hug, I grinned as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. It couldn't be more obvious to me that her and Fred fancied each other. A lot.

They were practically perfect for each other. I wouldn't mind them dating either... I already think of her as a sister.

"You know there's a pretty good chance he feels exactly the same way about you" I said quietly as she pulled away.

I chuckled as she turned bright red, "see ya tomorrow Cas" I told her as I turned and walked back up to the boys dormitory's.

I opened the door to see Fred waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" He asked.

"I stayed to help Cas with the second task, she has to find a way to breathe under water for an hour by the way."

"Bubble head charm. Anyways, does she still hate me?"

"She doesn't hate you Fred, she obviously misses you like crazy.

"But she said exactly what I told you she would. If you're sorry you need to tell her that yourself" I told him.

Fred groaned "she'll punch me. Or hex me. Or yell at me."

I laughed "no she won't. You really need to tell her yourself though, she'll forgive you."

"I guess you're right" Fred muttered.

A/N- I hope you all liked George's POV, I knew it was short but I couldn't think of a lot at the moment. Thank you all for reading xox.