Chapter 58: The Last Day

A/N- Hi guys! I'm so sorry for not updating for... well, it's been so long I don't know anymore. I was having some really bad struggles with my mental health, and it was really hard for me to find the motivation to do anything. I'm doing better, I think. Anyways, I'm back and I hope you all enjoy the new chapter💙

P.S. there will be a sequel announcement at the end of this chapter.

"Oi, Cas is this yours?" Ginny shouted, holding up a cloak. I nodded. Ginny took the opportunity to chuck the cloak at me, and to her dismay, I caught it. Hermione laughed at Ginny's disappointed face.

We were all packing to return home, and I'd never been more grateful for the year to end. For once, I was finally getting to go somewhere I wouldn't be forced to be a death eater. Nearly flinching at the thought, I quickly shook it out of my head.

"How are you and Dean?" I asked Ginny, who turned a light shade of pink.

"We're good," she said quietly.

I smirked at her, Dean seemed like he would be a nice choice for Gin. Although, part of me was still convinced she wasn't actually over my brother.

Soon enough, we were all boarding the Hogwarts Express. I started out sitting in a compartment with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Neville. I was only there long enough to help them turn Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle into some oozy, disgusting slug like things.

After that, I hurried down the hallway with my head held down.

Just one empty compartment, anywhere please!

My eyes were burning and there was a large lump in my throat. Part of me wanted to burst into tears right there, the other part was furious at my unreasonable outburst. It had been weeks since Sirius died, I shouldn't still be like this.

Finally, I found an empty compartment and slipped inside of it. I turned my head towards the window so nobody passing by could see the tears slipping down my face and bit my lip so I didn't make any noise.

Sirius died a hero... I tried reminding myself of this. It didn't help. Sirius should not have died at all. It wasn't right. Nothing is right.

Sirius shouldn't be dead, while I'm still alive. Harry shouldn't have to go back to being treated so horribly at the Dursley's while I get to go live with my godfather.

In this moment everything feels wrong and despite the fact that I get to go live with Remus, I can't find it in me to feel happy.

A few more minutes pass and hear the compartment door open. I take a quick glance and find Ginny standing behind me.

"I'm sorry," I mumble quickly wiping any tears away.

"Don't be. This isn't all on you Cas, you know that?"

I merely look down at my shoes, no, I don't know that.

"Sirius died the way he would have wanted to. I know you know him much better than me, but I know he would never have forgiven himself if he stayed in that house. You know that Cas," Ginny says, and she's right.

"Yeah- Yeah you're right," I say, taking a deep breathe to calm myself down.

The rest of the train ride goes by quickly. Ginerva Weasley never fails to make me feel better, or to make me laugh.

I roll my eyes at her before bursting into laughter a joke she made as the train rolls to a stop. Once we manage to stop laughing, we gather our stuff and follow the other students off of the train.