CHAPTER 2: Could This Get Any Worse?

RYAN

        Today has been a real shitty ass day as the training at the gym I own, has been going under construction and the guys that I hired are taking their sweet ass time. I was hoping to have the grand opening of my gym two months from now, but these lazy assholes are really just mostly slacking.

         I have already fired a few crews before them and Brody told me he was getting irritated that I kept firing people for not meeting my high demands and everything.

         Which I guess I do have high standards and expectations but I want this to really succeed.

         It's not your typical gym. It's a gym that is specifically designed for werewolves. The equipment is strong enough to withstand an Alpha's strength.

          Brody is my partner in this gym and we made it so that werewolves, especially when the tempers flare up, this way, instead of risking them going rogue and killing innocent people, they can take care of it here.

          That as well as our little Alpha fight club that we have at one of the warehouses that I own and that's not too far away from here. That's where most of the money comes from.

         All female wolves fight each other and all Alphas fight each other. Never different sexes. Well, at least that's the rule and I'm the undefeated champion for the past couple of years.

         Which quickly reminded me that I had a fight coming up this weekend and needed to go home right now and start working out and prepare a little bit in the gym room I have in my house.

           So I decide to leave the gym and make sure to let the workers know that if I find out they're slacking off again, I will put them out of work.

          I then get onto my crotch rocket and start heading home.

*****************************************

          Once I pulled up to the house and entered, I set my keys and helmet down, walked towards the kitchen to grab a drink and stopped as soon as I saw Angel and another girl. She had curves.

         "Who the hell are you?" I ask the girl.

         She looks up at me and looks a little scared.

        "Oh. Perfect! Ashley, this is our Alpha, Ryan. Ryan, this is Ashley. She's gonna be staying with us." Angel tells me.

        "Whose idea was this? And why the fuck wasn't I told about this?!" I asked her.

         "I've been trying to tell you but, you don't answer your calls or text." Angel says.

        "I want to see both you and Brody in the office, NOW!" I tell her firmly and glare at Ashley before stomping my way off towards the office.

         "Yes Alpha." Angel says.

          Once they both get into the office and shut the door, I have them sit across from me and my desk.

          "What's going on?" Brody asks. Though I know he already knows what's going on.

          "Who wants to tell me what's going on with that Ashley girl?" I ask. Though I said it in a more demanding tone.

          Both Angel and Brody look at each other real quick and then they look back at me.

         "Well..." Angel began to explain. "She's the cousin of my friend and something happened to her parents and now the ones that killed them, are after her." She says.

         "Who's after her?" I ask.

         "I don't know. But what I was told was that it was a wolf gang. And I promised him that I would help protect her until it was safe for her to go back home."

         We sit there in silence and then I finally say something.

         "So, we have to babysit her?" I asked.

         "No. Just look out for her. Which I mostly will and Brody will too. In fact, she's going to be working as a stylist at my salon." She says.

        I then pinch the bridge of my nose and close my eyes for a moment as I start to feel a headache coming on. This is the last thing I need right now.

         "Fine! But she stays out of the way and she is your responsibility." I tell them both.

         "Right." Brody says.

         "Don't make me regret this." I warn them both.

         "You won't." Angel replies with a smile. "Now let's go eat and get to know our new roommate." She says as she gets up and both Brody and I follow right behind her.

          After sitting down and praying, we then dug right in.

          "So, Ashley, how do you know Angel?" One of the guys of the pack asks.

         "Through my cousin, Aaron." She replies.

         "Ahh. Aaron is really cool." The guy says.

        "Yeah." She replies.

        "Eat your dinner." Brody tells him.

        "Hey, I'm not a baby." The guy says back to Brody.

        "Sure. Whatever you say." Brody says sarcastically while rolling his eyes.

        I was listening to them the rest of the dinner, getting to know Ashley. She seemed pretty cool. Though there was something that was off about her. Like she was hiding something. In which I intended to find out what it was.

        Once everyone was done, I had noticed Ashley get up and start collecting everyone's dishes and takes them to the sink and everyone then stands up from the table and goes off to do their own thing.

         I was waiting for Marissa, who was my 'friends with benefits' to come over.

         I had gone upstairs after dinner and listened to music while I waited. Then I heard a knock on my door.

        At first, I thought it was Marissa, which I don't know why she would knock. She's never done that. Which I soon found out right as I opened up the door, that it wasn't even her. It was Ashley.

         "Hi." She softly said.

        "What?!" I asked a bit rude but that's the only way, as I realized earlier when I first met her, that she was sexy as fuck and that the only way to not be tempted, was to be an asshole. That way she'd stay away from me.

         "I was wondering if you could please turn the music down a little bit?" She asks sweetly.

          My god, she was hot as hell acting all shy. But this was my house.

          "No. This is my house. I don't do what other's tell me. It's others that do as I tell them to. So goodnight and you can ask Angel for some ear plugs. Cause this music is staying turned up." I said to her then shut the door in her face.

           I know it was a dick move, but hey, I'm an asshole and with all the shit that's going on already, not including her shit, the last thing I need is a distraction or some little princess telling me what I should do in my own house.

New chapter will be posted soon! :)

And also, Derrick's POV will be posted in probably Chapter 7or 8. Either way, will give you guys a head's up when. :)