CHAPTER 24: My Queen!!

RYAN

         We were waiting for Ashley as she was upstairs, finishing getting ready.

         She had seemed to be taking longer than usual, so I decided to go up and see if she was alright when Angel stopped me and said she would go upstairs, in case she was having girl problems and needed help.

          So Angel headed upstairs as Brody and I began talking and then not a minute later, we heard Angel scream out louder than we have ever heard her before.

          We ran upstairs as fast as we could and we ran inside the room and saw Angel on her knees.

          Marybeth ran in behind us and noticed we were looking all over for Ashley.

          Then I stopped as did Angel and Brody as we began sniffing the disgusting odor in the air. Along with....

          "Lavamile." We heard Marybeth quietly say.

           "What?" I asked her as I turned around and looked at her.

           "It's a spell. A type of scent that causes witches in particular, to fall into a deep sleep or to black out for a little while. Depending on the strength of the scent." Marybeth continues.

            "Who could've used it? Another witch?" I asked her.

           "It wasn't another a witch. It was wolves." Brody replies. "And I have never smelled this kind before." He finishes.

           "It has to be Derrick. He was in here. It had to have been him. He knows almost all the ways on how to sneek into the castle. Though I'm not sure how he got past the guards." Marybeth says. "Unless....." she says and then quickly turns around and runs downstairs as fast as she could towards the backyard and we follow right behind her.

          We all come to an abrupt halt as we see she has stopped and we start to look at what she is looking at. It's the shredded bodies of the now, dead guards.

         "Oh my god!" She cries.

         I quickly help turn her around and we quickly head back inside the castle and then suddenly, my cell phone goes off.

        I don't even look to see who it is and answer it.

        "Hello there, Nephew." I heard the all too familiar voice from my uncle.

        "Troy." Was all I could muster out.

        "It's been awhile. I have someone here that I think you would like to speak with." He says.

         My heart fell to my stomach and I almost fell down to my knees when I heard her weak and tired faint voice.

        "Ryan?" She said in a weak voice.

        "Ashley? Baby, I'm coming for you. I promise. Don't worry..." I began, but was immediately cut off by Troy.

        "My god, you two make me sick." He says.

        "What do you want?" I ask him.

        "I want you to come see me. I have......something to show you." He says.

         "I swear if you hurt her..." I began before I was interrupted again.

         "Please. Save it Romeo. Besides, you're going to love the surprise I have for you." He chuckles.

         "Why the hell are you doing this?" I ask him.

          "It's time you learn about what our kind's purpose is. I will send you the address and expect to see you and your little friends as well, tomorrow at 8 pm. And do your girlfriend here a favor, Don't be late." He says before then hanging up.

          Suddenly I begin growling louder than  I ever had.

          "Calm down bro." Brody says. "What's going on?" He asks.

          "He's got her." I reply through clenched teeth.

          "Who's got her?" He asks me.

          "My uncle." I tell him.

          "Shit. Troy." He says.

          "He says he wants us to meet him tomorrow night at the address he sends me." I reply.

           "Don't worry..." He starts telling me while placing his hand onto my shoulder. "We'll get him and we will get back your girl." He says reassuring.

          I don't say anything else. Instead, I just nod my head in agreement and lay down in mine and Ashley's bed.

         I still can smell her scent. It's calming and yet, also reminds me of how she isn't here with me. How I didn't protect her.

        The scariest part of all this is, I know what my uncle is capable of doing. I know just how much hatred he has for witches.

         After falling asleep, I had a dream. It was of me and Ashley. We were married and had three beautiful kids. We were all happy and safe.

         I had never thought that I would ever be in a position like this. I feel this is the biggest challenge I have ever faced and may ever face in my life. Though it will be worth it in the end, I still have fear.

         Mostly, the fear is from the fact that Ashley and I, mostly Ashley, will always be a target. Because even if we kill Troy and Derrick, there will still be other's with the same way of thinking. With still the hatred of witches and trying to dominate and destroy their kind, along with the humans.

         It's a bit ironic and funny in a sense. Back when Ashley first told me she thought werewolves were monsters, especially Alpha's and I told her that we weren't all alike. Yet here we are. My uncle is the very definition of what she thought we were.

          I may not know much about witches and magic and everything but, I do know, prophecy or not, I do love her and will do whatever it takes to make sure she is safe and becomes the queen I know she is already.

Sorry for the short chapter. :( But next chapter will be posted soon! :)